‘20 NC SG Jaden Springer (UT commit 10/23/19)

Well, imo, Springer is a silent and will confirm that within a week after he visits UT, for the Georgia football game. In fact, iIrc, all 3 of our future 5 stars will be visiting UT for that Georgia game. Walker and Keon should be there to lock down Springer and insure UT's first future Final 4 team
Correct.

Is the reason that Springer has been dropping over the summer in national rankings due to his injury I'm assuming? Hopefully that injury does not affect him long term

Is the reason that Springer has been dropping over the summer in national rankings due to his injury I'm assuming? Hopefully that injury does not affect him long term

The ranking movements are fickle, up and down, to the point of silly. He's always been and will remain an elite 5*.

He didn't participate in a lot of summer stuff, no. The only reason he's dropped, and it hasn't been very many spots, is because other guys who played over the summer earned higher rankings. He'll remain a five star all the way, IMO

Got some very high profile players coming in to the bloodbath Georgia game. We really need fans to show up and hope we hold Ga. under 50.

Got some very high profile players coming in to the bloodbath Georgia game. We really need fans to show up and hope we hold Ga. under 50.

Lucky for us, two of those three are already committed to us, and the 3rd (Springer) is a heavy TN lean if not a silent commit. I don't think the football team's performance will have any bearing on their decision. If it does, well then we have other bigger problems.

So say the unlikely happens and we don't get jaden springer and PJ Hall goes to Florida, who would we target next? It seems like those are the top two targets and I haven't really heard of anyone else being sought after (hopefully thats because Springer is a silent commit).

So say the unlikely happens and we don't get jaden springer and PJ Hall goes to Florida, who would we target next? It seems like those are the top two targets and I haven't really heard of anyone else being sought after (hopefully thats because Springer is a silent commit).

Slap yo’self, Willy. Don’t go down the “unlikely” rabbit hole ;)

I think Hayes was the most likely behind Springer, and he’s not an option now.

With Hall, if he doesn’t come here, we might wait until Spring and see who’s available the? Not sure.

Reactions: Willy14
Not happening

I don't think the unlikely happens. Those on the Tennessee basketball beat (Grant Ramey of 247 and Rob Lewis of Volquest / Rivals) seem confident of Springer committing to the Vols.

If PJ Hall commits elsewhere, I've read that Dylan Cardwell is a player to keep an eye on.

Last edited:
He didn't participate in a lot of summer stuff, no. The only reason he's dropped, and it hasn't been very many spots, is because other guys who played over the summer earned higher rankings. He'll remain a five star all the way, IMO
He will made this recruiting the #1 class this year.

I keep coming back to this thread just waiting on breadcrumbs. Patience is a virtue.

I keep coming back to this thread just waiting on breadcrumbs. Patience is a virtue.

Latest from Galilee, who just visited IMG.

"First their facilities would make some Junior Colleges and NAIA schools look like public parks. I was blown away. Their weight room is larger than our gym and auditorium combined. I did not know they had training for all sports. Now Springer news: If hard work determines his success he is headed to the hall of fame. His change of direction on defense is the best I have seen in high school, including Penny, Thad, Will Barton etc…. This kid is a Vol and it is not even close. I can’t lose the trust of someone so I won’t say too much but Mods can write the story."

Also, Jaden and his family, Keon Johnson, and Corey Walker, Jr. all will be at the Rocky Top Tip-off fan event at TBA Friday night. Hopefully, there will be a big fan turnout.

Memphis is visiting Springer today. I'm feeling confident but Memphis must feel like they still have a chance. Any info?

Memphis is visiting Springer today. I'm feeling confident but Memphis must feel like they still have a chance. Any info?

They were supposed to visit him last week. Maybe it got rescheduled. Who knows. I don't think it means much. Coaches visit players all the time.

What a waste if he goes to Memphis. I don't think Penny is going to be near as good at development as Barnes. If fact I think Penny will rely solely on sheer talent for success.

What a waste if he goes to Memphis. I don't think Penny is going to be near as good at development as Barnes. If fact I think Penny will rely solely on sheer talent for success.

Yeah I think it would be down right foolish if he goes to Memphis to play for a AAU coach rather than a HOFer in Barnes.

I wouldn’t read too much into it. On its surface, it would appear to mean that Springer hasn’t told Memphis that they are out of it, but that’s about all I’d venture to guess on. I’d say they just want to get some face time with him before he heads to Tennessee this weekend, and perhaps, possibly try to convince him to commit and not take the visit. I really, really doubt that happens.

As Memphis fans say, it’s personal for Penny with Barnes.

He’s not letting Springer off that easy.

VN Store

Back