‘20 NC SG Jaden Springer (UT commit 10/23/19)

Exactly

It’s really not hard.

Whoa. That literally what I’ve said...that it doesn’t change the overall number, I never argued that it may not change the order or priorities on the board. You however claimed it changed the overall number, not just position.

I think the answer is that taking Bailey affected how many guards we took in this class, which is why you see us telling a top-30 PG, "thanks, but no thanks." Bailey being able to play some PG only further qualifies that.

Bailey may not have affected the total number of kids we take in the class because it is all fluid and you're playing the odds that there is movement in the spring, but he definitely affects the positional numbers. We can't take a class of all guards. We need a big man, and we are apparently willing to oversign by one to get the right guy.

That’s literally exactly what I’ve been saying. Taking Bailey didn’t change how many total we signed, it made it to where we now are pursuing a frontcourt player with that final spot.

@bleedingTNorange go ahead and quote that post you said you had from me where I said we would oversign by 2.

The entire oversigning discussion as I recall was myself and @Chris4Vols22 were very firm that Barnes wasn’t going to oversign by more than one. You said otherwise and now trying to say that Burns leaving didn’t figure in to that total.

Go ahead of clear that up since you said you had that post. I’d like to see it

My thoughts exactly. 3 is 3, 4 is 4, 5 is 5...never said, “taking Bailey won’t charge our positional needs”.

@bleedingTNorange go ahead and quote that post you said you had from me where I said we would oversign by 2.

The entire oversigning discussion as I recall was myself and @Chris4Vols22 were very firm that Barnes wasn’t going to oversign by more than one. You said otherwise and now trying to say that Burns leaving didn’t figure in to that total.

Go ahead and clear that up since you said you had that post. I’d like to see it

I think the answer is that taking Bailey affected how many guards we took in this class, which is why you see us telling a top-30 PG, "thanks, but no thanks." Bailey being able to play some PG only further qualifies that.

Bailey may not have affected the total number of kids we take in the class because it is all fluid and you're playing the odds that there is movement in the spring, but he definitely affects the positional numbers. We can't take a class of all guards. We need a big man, and we are apparently willing to oversign by one to get the right guy.
Can’t predict the future. Can only assess decisions based on the options at that time. It doesn’t bother me too much if it were true that Bailey impacted the ability to take Hayes. At that time it made sense to take a transfer. IIRC the only debate was him vs the Kansas guard

Can’t predict the future. Can only assess decisions based on the options at that time. It doesn’t bother me too much if it were true that Bailey impacted the ability to take Hayes. At that time it made sense to take a transfer. IIRC the only debate was him vs the Kansas guard

I think the roster needed an older guard. Hayes might well be more talented and have a better future but that doesn’t mean he would be best for next years team.

Actually I also have you quoted as saying “Barnes won’t oversign” and then later on that we will oversign by 2...so way to really cover your bases 😂

MAn it’s rough to flat out call a poster a liar but unless you provide that post where you say you have me saying we would oversign by 2 you are a liar.

Go ahead @bleedingTNorange quote that post you said you have

Yes at this point and time you are spot on. It boils down to are we going to over sign by 1 or 2. If we take Bailey we have to oversign by 2 if we are signing 4

Think this is what I recalled, granted it’s not definitive, but believe it’s what I was thinking of.

So yea taking bailey did matter. We were never going to oversign by more than one and aren’t now and that’s why Hayes is out.

It’s really simple

Here’s another good one...

If we don’t push hard for another PG the writing is on the wall that Bailey took that spot

You admit in the same series of posts Springer counts as a PG...

Well here we are pursuing another PG, and you can’t say it’s because of Burns departure because you’ve already claimed that Burns departure is why we are pursuing a frontcourt piece for a final spot.

Here’s another good one...

You admit in the same series of posts Springer counts as a PG...

Well here we are pursuing another PG, and you can’t say it’s because of Burns departure because you’ve already claimed that Burns departure is why we are pursuing a frontcourt piece for a final spot.

Just stop. When you get caught lying you need to just shut up.

Cut, dry, point blank....yet here’s Bruin trying to backtrack or make excuses, shocker...

It’s very likely it’s going to be as simple as sitting back and seeing if we keep pursuing Hall. He appears to me to be the one that is likely hurt by Bailey

In case anyone needed a quick summary of how Bruin operates...

1. Gets proven wrong.
2. Tries to make excuses.
3. Turns it around on a different topic to try and portray OP as wrong/liar.

Yep it’s cut and dry. Very cut and dry we need this guy badly since Burns left is with a void in the post. Simple math for us intelligent ones

Sooo Burns leaving is why we are pursuing a frontcourt piece, and not Springer? So if Burns doesn’t leave then the class of Walker, Johnson and Springer is it.

So how do you explain this quote?

If we don’t push hard for another PG the writing is on the wall that Bailey took that spot

We took Bailey, and then continued to push for Springer, hmmm. Be interesting to see how you try and wiggle out of this one.

You have the right to remain silent! Every thing you post can and will be used against you in the court of Freak!

VN Store

Back