‘20 NC SG Jaden Springer (UT commit 10/23/19)

I remember Pearl going ballistic on JaJuan when he passed to himself off the backboard on a breakaway dunk in a crucial moment at the end of a close game. I think that he made it, but missing would have cracked the door for that opponent to get back into the game. Don't remember who the opponent was.

Yes 2007 against South Carolina. It was a 3 point game and he stole the ball and had an easy bucket but tried to throw it off the backboard and made a bad pass. South Carolina got a chance at like a 50 footer but missed it. It was 64-61. Pearl literally ignored the handshake line for like 30 seconds to chew him out. Lofton sprained his ankle in the game.

First UT basketball game I went too.

Yes 2007 against South Carolina. It was a 3 point game and he stole the ball and had an easy bucket but tried to throw it off the backboard and made a bad pass. South Carolina got a chance at like a 50 footer but missed it. It was 64-61. Pearl literally ignored the handshake line for like 30 seconds to chew him out. Lofton sprained his ankle in the game.

Good times. haha

My first game was that season was earlier that season when Jajuan and the boys beat MTSU by 69 points. And that experience is what like bball more than football.

I went to the 2007 game at South Carolina when we were creamed. I recall Pearl and our players combining for several technical fouls.

Reactions: TooLegit2Quit
Anybody up to do a recruiting recap? We just signed what is arguably the best class In the history of the program. I thought there’d be more hoopla.

Springer’s IMG squad got upset by PVI in the National Hoops fest this past weekend. PVI is a very, very good team, but with the talent on IMG’s roster, really no excuse to lose that game. Springer had an alright game, but was steadily outplayed by fellow 5 star PG Jeremy Roach (Duke commit) with Coach K in attendance to watch, and I believe Juwan Howard from Michigan was there as well. He finished with similar numbers to Roach but Roach led his team out to a hot first half start and IMG was never able to really get back in it.

The second game in the tourney they’re playing in, since they lost the first game, was against a far worse team and IMG won easily. Springer played much better and was dominate. Finished with 22p, 3a, 9rebs and took home game MVP.

Definitely could run the point. Wow!! Great get by Barnes. Unlike JJJ you won’t have to convince this guy to score or be aggressive. I think he is the best guard recruit in memory. The guard combos possibilities next year are kind boggling.
Does Barnes add a big in the late period? Grad transfer?

Reactions: Mullins2010
Definitely could run the point. Wow!! Great get by Barnes. Unlike JJJ you won’t have to convince this guy to score or be aggressive. I think he is the best guard recruit in memory. The guard combos possibilities next year are kind boggling.
Does Barnes add a big in the late period? Grad transfer?
Dylan Cardwell still seems to be the best possibility of adding a freshman big man. Grad transfer names will begin to pop up in late March.

VN Store

Back