‘20 NC SG Jaden Springer (UT commit 10/23/19)

Still remains to be seen if he can make the better recruiting translate to the post season. Had the recruits at Texas. Here's hoping he's saved his BEST for last.
Sure but his tenure here is already a success imo. He’d have to go multiple years in a row with no tourney trips to change that imo

Still remains to be seen if he can make the better recruiting translate to the post season. Had the recruits at Texas. Here's hoping he's saved his BEST for last.
Seriously an unfair statement imho. He is 2 unbelievably unlucky shots from having back to back Final Four teams. Loyola had the good fortune of our only true rim protector being out and still had to hit a miraculous shot. Then PU had to have 1 guy have the game of his life! and Still be bailed out by a horrible call. What more could Barnes have done? He can’t shoot FTs for them

Seriously an unfair statement imho. He is 2 unbelievably unlucky shots from having back to back Final Four teams. Loyola had the good fortune of our only true rim protector being out and still had to hit a miraculous shot. Then PU had to have 1 guy have the game of his life! and Still be bailed out by a horrible call. What more could Barnes have done? He can’t shoot FTs for them
We're speaking overall history here. And I'm one of his biggest fans. Would like to see him get what he deserves before he hangs it up. will require some changes in style or approach to game day imo. No diss intended.

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism

Neither of those losses were in the E8

Reactions: Catbone
I know but I was implying that both teams easily could have been in the final 4 other than those two heart wrenching losses. Guess I could’ve put “a high probablity of having 2 final 4 teams.”

Not trying to be argumentative, and I’m Barnes biggest fan, but I definitely wouldn’t say there was a high probability of the first team winning 3 more games, or last years team winning 2 more games. Not sure 5-0 would be considered a high probability at all.

Reactions: RyanWalkerPGH
Just gotta fight off a bigger paycheck from other teams now.
So his parents are meeting with Howard and Michigan and he still has a visit to Memphis, correct? These two worry me because I could see kids getting star struck by Howard and Hardaway! I hope what we’re hearing as far as this kid being on board are true, and he’s meeting with Howard as a courtesy to tell him he is a Vol...
GBO!!

Not trying to be argumentative, and I’m Barnes biggest fan, but I definitely wouldn’t say there was a high probability of the first team winning 3 more games, or last years team winning 2 more games. Not sure 5-0 would be considered a high probability at all.

Your math is off. The first team would have only had to win 2 more games if they'd beaten Loyola. Last year's team would have had to win one more game if they'd beaten Purdue. So 3-0, not 5-0.

I actually think there is a good possibility that would've happened. That Loyoloa team made it to the F4 because the path in that regional was wide open. All of the top seeds got beat. I think KState, a 9 seed would have been UT's toughest test if they'd beaten Loyola. And if Tennessee had beaten Purdue (i.e., not gotten shafted by the refs at the end), they'd have had to play Virginia, which did win a NC, but only after getting some huge officiating breaks against Purdue and Auburn.

Last edited:
Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
You're math is off. The first team would have only had to win 2 more games if they'd beaten Loyola. Last year's team would have had to win one more game if they'd beaten Purdue. So 3-0, not 5-0.

I actually think there is a good possibility that would've happened. That Loyoloa team made it to the F4 because the path in that regional was wide open. All of the top seeds got beat. I think KState, a 9 seed would have been UT's toughest test if they'd beaten Loyola. And if Tennessee had beaten Purdue (i.e., not gotten shafted by the refs at the end), they'd have had to play Virginia, which did win a NC, but only after getting some huge officiating breaks against Purdue and Auburn.

I was also counting the games they had lost as games they would’ve had to win, but I see what you’re saying. Regardless, assuming a team that struggled like they did would waltz to the F4, and then assuming the 2nd team would beat the national champions, that’s a whole lot of assuming...especially claiming it as a definitive back to back F4 teams.

As I said, I’m the biggest Barnes supporter and had we won those games I would say best case we are lucky to make 1 final four out of those 2 situations.

Reactions: sport3500

VN Store

Back