‘20 NC SG Jaden Springer (UT commit 10/23/19)

Sooo Burns leaving is why we are pursuing a frontcourt piece, and not Springer? So if Burns doesn’t leave then the class of Walker, Johnson and Springer is it.

So how do you explain this quote?

We took Bailey, and then continued to push for Springer, hmmm. Be interesting to see how you try and wiggle out of this one.

Its simple math my man. We were never oversigning by more than 1.

If burns hadn’t left we would have signed no more than 3 guys this fall. The staff would have had to have chosen whether to have gone after Springer or Hall. My guess is they would have taken Springer but that’s debatable.

Since Burns left we aren’t signing more than 4. That means Hall gets way more priority over Hayes and thus why we have turned him away.

It’s always been about math. And if you can count to 13 you can understand this

Its simple math my man. We were never oversigning by more than 1.

If burns hadn’t left we would have signed no more than 3 guys this fall. The staff would have had to have chosen whether to have gone after Springer or Hall. My guess is they would have taken Springer

If we don’t push hard for another PG the writing is on the wall that Bailey took that spot

Hmm, interesting.

MF'ing done deal. Walker, Keon, Springer and please God, PJ Hall. Top 3 class for a top 3 paid coach and the greatest class in UT history, probably with or without PJ. But, if we get PJ, man, the Fantastic 4 ! JJJ, seniors, Pons, JJ and Fulk. ORN, Gaines, Plavsic and Pember in their 2nd year in the program. Kent, a 4 year kid in the program, too. Add that Fantastic 4 and UT may have that first Final 4 team. Guards win championships in college basketball and we will be loaded at guard. Don't think I forgot about Bailey, because I expect him to be the team leader in 3's, hopefully with Keon, Kent and Pember being right behind Bailey in 3's. What's that chorus in that Timbuk 3, 80's song, "future's so bright, I gotta wear shades" ?

Hmm, interesting.

I’m pretty shocked you resorted to making up a lie to try to score points

I was very clear it boiled down to taking Hall or Springer. Your post you keep quoting show that. Like I said I lean toward thinking Springer would have been the take just because he overall has a much higher ceiling to make a huge impact more so than Hall. However if the staff wasn’t pleased with the new bigs we got I could have seen them taking Hall over Springer

The point is Bailey means we can’t go after another top 30 player. If Bailey turns out to be a bust that one will sting.

I don’t even know what’s going on in here and at this point, I’m afraid to ask

I will clear it up.

@bleedingTNorange said taking Bailey wouldn’t have an effect on the 2020 class.

We just turned away a top 30player because we don’t have a spot proving him wrong

He doesn’t like admitting he was wrong

End story

I'm not even reading their posts anymore. I'm just thinking about those three, 5-stars giving UT the kind of players that only the blue bloods (Duke, Kansas, KY, etc.) get in one recruiting class and that's not even counting JJJ, who I expect will give UT, 2 years, wouldn't be shocked if it was 3 years, so he can graduate, too. JJJ, just seems like that kind of kid, considering his upbringing and parents, imo

Affect describes an action, "he will affect the recruiting class ranking". Effect is a noun, "UT paying Barnes, top 3 money and going all in on basketball is the cause, landing Springer, Keon and Walker is the effect". At least, that's how I interpret their meaning
Lol.
No kidding I went to google and “studied”
Which word I needed to use and I guess I still screwed it up!!! 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: BruinVol
I'm not even reading their posts anymore. I'm just thinking about those three, 5-stars giving UT the kind of players that only the blue bloods (Duke, Kansas, KY, etc.) get in one recruiting class and that's not even counting JJJ, who I expect will give UT, 2 years, wouldn't be shocked if it was 3 years, so he can graduate, too. JJJ, just seems like that kind of kid, considering his upbringing and parents, imo
Is there not a near by Waffle House where they can continue this boring rant?

Easy summary...

Cut, dry, point blank....yet here’s Bruin trying to backtrack or make excuses, shocker...

It’s very likely it’s going to be as simple as sitting back and seeing if we keep pursuing Hall. He appears to me to be the one that is likely hurt by Bailey

Easy summary...

Cut, dry, point blank....yet here’s Bruin trying to backtrack or make excuses, shocker...

@omghulkhands,

@bleedingTNorange has already tried to lie to wiggle out of this and now he quotes this from me when it was BEFOFE Burns left. Apparently he isn’t smart enough to know that when a post player leaves that means a post player is needed to be added with that open spot. It’s pretty obvious when Burns left that gave us one more spot. Any fool can see that.

Who gives a crap at this point? Ya'll go argue somewhere else. Most come to this thread to find stuff on Jaden Springer and we find this BS.
Different strokes. some come here to measure man tools and boost libidos. to each his own. Live and let live. Nature of the beast. Come on Oct 30th..

Reactions: Vols All Day
@omghulkhands,

@bleedingTNorange has already tried to lie to wiggle out of this and now he quotes this from me when it was BEFOFE Burns left. Apparently he isn’t smart enough to know that when a post player leaves that means a post player is needed to be added with that open spot. It’s pretty obvious when Burns left that gave us one more spot. Any fool can see that.

Any fool would also realize that Burns very well is one of the possible players the staff saw leaving to make room, so him leaving now didn’t necessarily change anything.

You’re saying that with Burns here we were only going to sign 3, which would be over by 1, with him leaving we are going to sign 4 which is over by 1. What if 4 other guys left this summer? You would be saying that we are going to sign 8, over by 1?

What a foolish take.

You’re the person who bets his buddy that their team is gonna win the division, then said teams QB gets hurt and he doesn’t pay up because he only meant it if there were no injuries...be a man and take your L. You made a statement and claim without any sort of disclaimers, now you want to go back and try to change it, c’mon man.

VN Store

Back