‘20 NC PG Jalen Cone

Actually, that post was very appropriate to the subject at hand.
Well, aside from it’s flawed conclusion, if you get satisfaction from making a point at the expense of the program you follow, by all means give it a like.

And that's where we disagree

They took Corey Walker in 2020, a 3/4 guy who is pretty similarly ranked to what Cone was for 2020...if Cone had wanted in 6 months before Walker I doubt they’d have said no.

With all this said, it’s not a huge deal for next year’s team, past that it could hurt if we don’t land a PG...but I don’t think it changed much for next year. We have the same backcourt sub Bone for MCDAA Josiah James, I highly doubt Cone would’ve been taking minutes from him.

I would like to see an impact 3/4/5 graduate transfer added, that would be the ideal scenario imo.

On his first target Cone? It would appear no, but I also am certain no coach bats 1.000 .either.

I’m also curious what that has to do with my post, I was asking a question about the staffs confidence in Bone which you failed to address?
This ain’t Barnes first swing and miss.

Reactions: OnOne
Cone/Johnson/Pons/Gaines to fight for, I’m not sure how that fight ends but it’s definitely plausible Cone wouldn’t have gotten big minutes next year.
This feels like a case where Barnes honesty about what you said here may have hurt us with Cone. With a child to support he may feel like he doesn’t have the luxury of waiting his turn to make things happen for himself and his family.

On the bright side that same honesty from CRB should help assure a roster that will bust their ars and do what’s best for themselves and team. Jmo

Reactions: cwbytruckers
It’s a public forum where posters discuss topics concerning UT bball. You keep bringing up this topic. You must wish to discuss it or you wouldn’t mention it over and over and over again. If you don’t want others on the forum to comment on your posts then don’t post - that’s how sports forums work.

It shouldn’t be.

If Tennessee payed Barnes 500,000 fans would still want him to recruit, and do it well. If 5 million can make him recruit a lot better then why the heck not pay him 10 million.......surely he could recruit even better...............it simply doesn’t and should be a non factor in these discussions.

Sure in a couple years if Barnes cannot recruit good players something might need to be done ......but as of right now that doesn’t look to be the case and money is not a magic potion which can lure all the good recruits here............unless that money is actually going to them.
It's not that the money automatically makes him a better coach, however, the expectations that come with being the 3rd highest paid coach are that he will recruit and have results like the 3 rd highest paid coach. Definitely some concern there. It's no different than your employer expecting results if you are one of the top paid salespersons in your company.

Reactions: sccshortstop
It's not that the money automatically makes him a better coach, however, the expectations that come with being the 3rd highest paid coach are that he will recruit and have results like the 3 rd highest paid coach. Definitely some concern there. It's no different than your employer expecting results if you are one of the top paid salespersons in your company.
👍🏿

His point is pretty valid. If Barnes were paid a million dollars per year, UT fans would still want him to recruit well and win games. There are always expectations for a head coach no matter what they are paid. He’s not getting fired next year regardless of record or pay.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
His point is pretty valid. If Barnes were paid a million dollars per year, UT fans would still want him to recruit well and win games. There are always expectations for a head coach no matter what they are paid. He’s not getting fired next year regardless of record or pay.
If it was a quiet, after the season raise, even if it was a big increase like this one, probably 1 percent of the people bringing it up right now would be talking about it.

Barnes handled the process about as awkwardly as a coach can handle it, though. Like it or not, that put a bad taste in some folks’ mouths, so to them it exacerbates the expected ROI.

Dang! Oh well onto the next one. This one stings but cant dwell on it. What about Isaiah Moss the Iowa PG that is transferring.
I’m confident they are taking Plavsic, maybe I end up looking foolish but I’m trusting that...that’s leaves 1 spot. I would guess they will go after a big fish, keep swinging for Kerry Blackshear or Rayjon Tucker maybe.

VN Store

Back