‘16 GA LB Bryson Armstrong (Kennesaw State Transfer)

Sorry, but do we just think the guy is handsome or something, or is there actual discussion of him coming here?

Otherwise why are we swooning over some FCS guy entering the portal?
Well, he’s better than anything we got so I think there’s a lot of people hoping we can get him here. I know it’s not your first rodeo in VN so I don’t get the reason for being upset if the thread gets off track.

Zach Thomas, and Dextar Coakley was to small to, but they had nice careers. I remember when Doug Flutie was to small and wouldn’t play in NFL also.
They both had more bulk than this young man.

We don’t for sure know if Jay Hardy has either but I’m sure you didn’t complain about that thread

I get that, but he almost came here and played under our current DL coach.

Sorry y’all, I’m being a jerk about this lol. My apologies, hope we get the kid.

Jabril Cox had worse stats coming out of NDSU when he transferred to LSU and he went in the 3rd round in the draft last week.

Darius Leonard (who played at South Carolina State) was 6’1 210 coming out of college.. he’s went 2nd round and is now arguably the best ILB in the NFL
Now he's listed at 6'2", 230 lbs. Darius Leonard, that is.

What kind of frame does this kid have? Can he add good weight? Does he play inside or outside where he's currently at?

Not saying this kid can't play at this level. He may be better suited at another position at that size. But heart can take you a long way.

Last edited:
Now he's listed at 6'2", 230 lbs.

What kind of frame does this kid have? Can he add good weight? Does he play inside or outside where he's currently at?

Not saying this kid can't play at this level. He may be better suited at another position at that size. But heart can take you a long way.
I think he’s a hybrid LB/S. Mark Barron type

I could see that. Do we even know what type of defense we plan to run? That would go a long way toward telling us what kind of players would be a fit.

But the staff hasn't said?
No, but even with Alabama running the spread now it basically forces you to run 4-2-5. Mizzou, Bama, Florida, Vanderbilt all run the spread, Kentucky has switched coordinators to have more of a passing attack apparently... even Georgia runs a lot of shotgun and with JT Daniels they will be more pass heavy.

https://247sports.com/Player/bryson-armstrong-85279/

Big south DPOY, FCS All-American. Arguably the best player in their schools history. Former HS teammates with Solon Page.

Impressive player in his league. However, I’ll refer back to the list of elite SEC schools that was posted earlier who can compete for winning seasons and Championships. Will this young man be a walk-on? I would rather us sign kids who can help us compete with the top echelon in the SEC. * If the coaches feel he can help us beat Bama, LSU, Georgia, Florida, etc....then cool.

SEC's past 3 years (2019, 2020, 2021) total NFL Draft picks:

Bama: 29
LSU: 24
Georgia: 23
Florida: 19
Auburn: 15
Texas AM: 13

Kentucky: 13
Miss State: 12
South Carolina: 11
Missouri: 10
Ole Miss: 8
Arkansas: 6
Vanderbilt: 4
Tennessee: 4

Last edited:
Impressive player. However, I’ll refer back to the list of elite SEC schools that was posted earlier who can compete for winning seasons and Championships. Will this young man be a walk-on? I would rather us sign kids who can help us compete with the top echelon in the SEC. * If the coaches feel he can help us beat Bama, LSU, Georgia, Florida, etc....then cool.

I require credit for this post. Expect a call from my lawyer.

Sam Mills of the Saints and Panthers was that size
It's not his height, it's his weight. Sam Mills had more bulk. Mills was actually shorter than this kid, but weighed like 230lbs. And the possibility exists this kid could bulk up in our S&C program. His current size is more like that of a safety.

If he can cover the slant, he’s a take.
He can. I have seen him play a number of times and he was, by far, the best player on the field each time I saw him. He also played on a Kell teams which were highly read in 6A in Georgia. He had the team mates who were signed with P5 teams. On offense, he was to go to guy wen they needed a big play. At lease one Kell coach has said he was the best player he had ever coached and that he has NFL talent. If he came to Tennessee, he would be the best LB on the team. He is that good. Anyone who made 314 tackles in any league is a hell of a football player. One of his Kell team mates is still at Tennessee. If you want the inside scoop, ask him if his guy can play.

At his size that would be the position he would play. Is he fast enough to cover the pass though? He isn't going to be a run stuffer when every LB he is trying to tackle is heavier than he is.

At his size that would be the position he would play. Is he fast enough to cover the pass though? He isn't going to be a run stuffer when every LB he is trying to tackle is heavier than he is.

hmmm........“He (the kid who’s a linebacker) isn’t going to be a run stuffer when every LB he is trying to tackle is heavier than he is...........” Dang..he’s gonna try and tackle everybody...including his own teammates..😁

Last edited:
Reactions: VolInDayton
Impressive player in his league. However, I’ll refer back to the list of elite SEC schools that was posted earlier who can compete for winning seasons and Championships. Will this young man be a walk-on? I would rather us sign kids who can help us compete with the top echelon in the SEC. * If the coaches feel he can help us beat Bama, LSU, Georgia, Florida, etc....then cool.

Unfortunately we are not in a position to worry about beating the elite in the SEC. We are trying to get enough players to field a team this year especially on defense.

VN Store

Back