‘15 TX QB D’Eriq King

VOLUNTEERSZN

The Original #WRU

Transferring from Houston

Making this thread just in case we actually make a move here (and we should)

Doesn’t fit our offense at all. Since we don’t have one at all...

Seriously though, we’re built to stand in the pocket and throw on play action. King is a pure spread-option guy.

Reactions: 77' Vol
Wait what????

This dude was a senior I thought. And he was starting against OU just a few weeks ago! And he was leading the nation in offense last year. WTH???

Wait what????

This dude was a senior I thought. And he was starting against OU just a few weeks ago! And he was leading the nation in offense last year. WTH???
Kelly Bryant thing. Had an unused redshirt. So with the 4 game rule, he redshirts and then grad transfers to his next stop for a final year. Good move for himself.

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2

Seriously though, we’re built to stand in the pocket and throw on play action. King is a pure spread-option guy.
That was last year. Hasn't really been us this year. Weve spread a lot more and Maurer has had options to run, as would he. We wanted King. I think Chaney likes runners.

That was last year. Hasn't really been us this year. Weve spread a lot more and Maurer has had options to run, as would he. We wanted King. I think Chaney likes runners.
Good post, thanks for pointing that out.

If there was anything promising about Saturday, they prepared a unique gameplan for Maurer. More option looks, maybe a little RPO? Definitely looked different as an offense with him in the game. Just need more experience to make it effective.

Wouldn’t be so sure about that,Spencer Rattler Is legit so I assume he’s gonna be the starter.I could be totally wrong about that I don’t follow OU that much.
His star fell. Check out his season of QB1 on Netflix.

Lol, What?

We should all be begging for anyone that can actually throw the football.

Nothing else matters. Can you throw the football.

Lol, What?

We should all be begging for anyone that can actually throw the football.

Nothing else matters. Can you throw the football.
Agree, but that was my point. King is a guy that does best in an offense that doesn’t rely on throwing the football. If you want a thrower, that’s not him.

Granted, I’ll also take anyone that finds a way to move the ball down the field, I just don’t think we’re an offense that he looks at as one that can take advantage of his skill set.

Agree, but that was my point. King is a guy that does best in an offense that doesn’t rely on throwing the football. If you want a thrower, that’s not him.

Granted, I’ll also take anyone that finds a way to move the ball down the field, I just don’t think we’re an offense that he looks at as one that can take advantage of his skill set.

You sound like the guys who didn't want Jalen Hurts last year. BTW, King threw for almost 3k yards last year. He would be a 10x improvement over anyone we have.

Reactions: roosterjbh
You sound like the guys who didn't want Jalen Hurts last year. BTW, King threw for almost 3k yards last year. He would be a 10x improvement over anyone we have.
Read the last part of my post again. I’d take King in a heartbeat. But if you’re King, do you see yourself as a better fit here in this pro-style power run offense, or elsewhere that has more of a college-style spread-option, air-raid look? That’s all I’m saying.

I think we can tune the offense for any quarterback that we get. We just need to sprinkle in a couple zone reads or QB keepers, and allow him to get out and scramble.

VN Store

Back