Purdue Message Board Weighs In On Appleby

Lawrence Wright

Troll Brother #1
More information on Austin Appleby, from a fan base that's seen him more than any other...

Big arm, but will stare down his receivers and try to force ball into coverage. Has talent our coaches ruined any chance of him playing well here. Play good D and run the ball don't put the game in his hands.

Florida isn't beating many in the SEC with him at QB.

He hasn't been on a winning team in all of his career including North Canton High School.

I am not sure Franks will get that redshirt if Luke is out for a long time.

Yea you guys are in trouble. Etling and Appleby are too different cases. Appleby never had enough skill. Hard worker and a good guy for sure. But will stare at one receiver until their is a hole in his chest and then throw the ball. Either it will be picked or the receiver will get murdered. He might win a game just b/c of the unknown factor. Thats how we beat Ill on the road a couple years ago. People didn't know what to expect when they played him. Once the tape was out, teams shut him down no problem.

Think Tebo with all of the stupid God stuff but none of the talent...

don't feel he is as bad as some want to make him out. He does have a tendency to force the ball at times, but can help a team if is limited in the number of throws that he will need to make. He is also a good scrambler that can surprise you with his legs. If you allow him to manage the game, you should be alright in my opinion. There may be some questions as to whether he will allow that to happen.

Trask played at the HS I coached at and he and Appleby have many similarities except in the game experience! Mainly pocket passers but can occasionally run the read option...my guess is with Florida's talent he won't be asked to win the game just don't lose it and Appleby can do that!

Fine young man
Hard worker
Good leader
Smart young man
Not a long pass QB
You have talent he can play with
We did not
Austin Appleby will be very very good for you
Sorry that he left us but understandable
Our coach is the worst in Purdue's history
That's saying a lot

Reactions: 12 people
If the first descriptor of a college football player is that he's a "fine young man," you can be sure he's a terrible player.

Reactions: 20 people
Hopefully Appleby is more Nate Peterman

fatguyrumbles.gif

and less Will Grier

giphy-downsized-large.gif

on Saturday.

Don't buy it!! LW is trying to sand bag us!!!

Nah I think the kid is terrible. Huge falloff from LDR. Guess it will all be settled on Saturday tho.

How's he going to handle his first SEC start on the road at Neyland Stadium?
Ha

Doesn't instill any more confidence in me than if Del Rio was playing. Look at what TN has done to back-up QB's in the past. We have made them look like Heisman Trophy winners. Heck, our O was what let us down, but we still lost a game to Treon Harris. Embarrassing. With Sutton out for sure, and more than likely missing DKJr and possibly JRM, this QB will be more than capable of managing the game. I don't think the UF offense lights us up, but with the way our offense has been playing, 17 points might be enough to beat us.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back