Looking ahead to Auburn...

ejvols4

How much fun is Nick Marshall going to have with our defense? Maty Mauk can barely be considered a dual threat quarterback and we just allowed him to rush for 114 yards on 13 carries (his previous game high was 15 yards).

I'd like to think our coaches could scheme a defense to stop the run spread, but I don't know if our defense has the necessary speed to execute it.

Reactions: 3 people
Stock up on liquor and buy into the party line that Vandy and UK are the only games that matter, because getting to 6-6 is the only goal that matters and the only criteria by which we should evaluate our coaching staff.

Reactions: 1 person
bama broke them

More like BAMA humbled them back to earth after the USCjr. game. We will play much better at home but not sure if we can beat Auburn now! Just hoping to get 2 of 3 for a bowl game this year now.
Highly disappointed in the team effort. Dobbs performance because there were receivers open everywhere and he kept throwing into coverage. !st time I thought CBJ & staff got out coached and the receivers especially JS need to step up or out!

Go Vols!

:hi:

Tennesseeduke

I think the key will be in the Defensive line, to push everything back to the middle, and probably to have Brett Brewer Spy on Nick Marshall again.

We need to channel another Auburn/Bo Jackson game where we got an upset virtually no one thought possible. Wouldn't that just be fun on a stick?

played better offenses the last 2 weeks imo

Wrong. SC's offense is much better than Mizzous, that has been proven. If Shaw played the whole game, SC would have rolled Mizzou.

I don't know if anyone knows the real reason why we looked as bad as we did against Mizzou.

Our defense is a leathal combination of slow and dumb. I don't mean to demean them, a few are actually trying, but it's the absolute truth. What I've seen most often this year is a defense that is seldom in the right position, plays 12 yards off the receivers, and consistently allows them to just run on by them anyway. We play man coverage too often for a dline that can't put pressure on the QB and miss too many tackles that result in big gains, many times on 3rd down.

I applaud them for generating some opportunistic turnovers this season, but I think those have really masked the same glaring issues carried over from the Dooley/Sunseri era.

Stock up on liquor and buy into the party line that Vandy and UK are the only games that matter, because getting to 6-6 is the only goal that matters and the only criteria by which we should evaluate our coaching staff.

Sad but true, and I do need to restock the spirits. Consumption of the afore said helps numb the harsh reality unfolding right before ones very eyes. :yes: :crazy:

Auburn is gonna drill our defense! Hope I'm wrong.

Hopefully Butch can get the defense pumped for this game. I just wish we didn't lose guys like Carl Lawson during recruiting. Would have definitely made a difference with his speed against these gimmick offenses with a running QB

Call me crazy but I start Reeves Maybin sole job chase the qb everywhere. Stand beside him when he's not in the game.

Anyone think that the former AU coaches on staff like Thig and Martinez will be pretty jazzed for this game? I mean, the turnaround they have had this season is making their work there look embarrassing

At least my skybox tickets are free this week. So regardless of the outcome it will be a great day. Good to have friends in low places. :dance2:

VN Store

Back