freak

@Freak 'e' :)

Are you working on the servers? Any VN thread I've opened, that have pix or gifs, the past couple days, has been mind-boggling slow and it's taking forever to get out of the thread.
I'm on my Android phone and running on Chrome.
TIA

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum

Are you working on the servers? Any VN thread I've opened, that have pix or gifs, the past couple days, has been mind-boggling slow and it's taking forever to get out of the thread.
TIA
No. I haven’t noticed any issues on iOS. Anyone else experiencing similar?

Reactions: malinoisvol
No. I haven’t noticed any issues on iOS. Anyone else experiencing similar?

The banner ads take a bit to load on iPhone for me. It’s way worse if there are also gifs/attachments in the thread. Again, not constant.

And sometime the ad loads and resets the page, but I have not seen that the last few days.

Is Volnation acting weird for anyone else? Pictures &pages sometimes load slower, sometimes it take a while to like a post. Probably my internet, but just curious if anyone else is getting this.
Yes, so slow.

Edit: I hit reply to Enki’s post and it didn’t even pull in his message. This site has been acting so weird for me today.
For me, it's been that way for a few days now.
You guys still having issues? The server is fine but I'm wondering if it could be a hop in between your connection and the server. First, make sure you've cleared your cache and temp files. Second, if anyone of you know how to run a traceroute, shoot that to my email.

TIA
Still having issues? Have you cleared out your cache and temp files? That's always my first question because it seems to help in a lot of cases.

You guys still having issues? The server is fine but I'm wondering if it could be a hop in between your connection and the server. First, make sure you've cleared your cache and temp files. Second, if anyone of you know how to run a traceroute, shoot that to my email.
Its still doing it, but not a bad at the moment. May get worse during the day. Idk how to run that, but ill look it up and try to figure it out.

Edit: its on mobile. I started to download the ping tool from manage engine, but noticed a review that says. . .

Screenshots_2023-05-26-05-49-26.png

Which app do you recommend?

Last edited:
Its still doing it, but not a bad at the moment. May get worse during the day. Idk how to run that, but ill look it up and try to figure it out.

Edit: its on mobile. I started to download the ping tool from manage engine, but noticed a review that says. . .

View attachment 553164

Which app do you recommend?
Don't worry about that. It's much easier on a computer than a phone. Have you tested your connection on both wifi and cellular?

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Also, it seems to work fine at first. Ill come to VN and everything is fast. Then, after I check notifications things slow down. If I try to check notifications again, it takes a while for them to open. After checking them the first time the whole site slows down. If I try to go to another page, type a comment or even refresh, it takes quite a bit longer than normal.

And. . . I was also having the issue where my keyboard would close randomly on VN. I mentioned it a while back, I just figured it was my phone, but I noticed it happens on both my phones. I read about someone else having this issue on here earlier, but they're using iphone instead of android.

However, since I read their post about the keyboard, I have noticed that my keyboard doesn't seem to be doing it anymore. I assume you must have found the problem and fixed it.

Reactions: SugarCC
And one more thing, idk if it'll help, but. . .

When VN slows down like that, if I close the browser and try to reopen VN it takes forever, but. . . if I close the browser, go to a different site and then go to VN, everything is fast again.

And one more thing, idk if it'll help, but. . .

When VN slows down like that, if I close the browser and try to reopen VN it takes forever, but. . . if I close the browser, go to a different site and then go to VN, everything is fast again.
So strange. Remind me what phone you're using? It definitely seems to be something only happening to a certain subset of people. I just need to figure out what that is.

And you did try clearing your cache and temp files, right?

VN Store

Back