The Official NASCAR Talk Thread

I dont mind moving it, but a temporary short track isn't the move.
For the All star race I've always begged them to take the stars to Eldora. If they don't want the All Star race there then do the clash there. Or pick a track they can safely do it at and run it backwards. There are a ton of better ideas out there.

Eldora would be great! I get NASCAR wanted to be in the LA market for exposure, but I’d bet viewership and the gate would’ve been much better had yesterday’s race been at Bowman Gray

If The Clash was truly people's first exposure to NASCAR (as NASCAR has claimed on social media), I really hate it. That is not how I would want to present the sport to try to get new viewers.

I don't understand spending all that money to build a track and tear it right back down when they could use that money to make an established short track meet safety standards.

I also don't get making Fontana into a half mile for much the same reason.

Year 1 - people wanted to see what it was like.
Year 2 - people know and only the ones addicted to NASCAR (like me) are watching.
Nascar has to realize, LA while big isn't the best market for sports. It's just a bunch of casuals who aren't going to fully invest in anything, much less something with a reputation like Nascar. My honest opinion is Texas (their track sucks) ans Missouri ish are about the farthest west and north they should go.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Booking hotels for this season. Attending

Atlanta 1
Martinsville 1
Indy 500
Nashville Super Speedway
Darlington 2
Bristol 2
Petit Le Mans

No F1 this year. Want to save some money. No IndyCar at Nashville, as that race was awful.
Lot of good races there. Have you done the Indy 500 before?

I’ll be at the Daytona 500, both Talladega races, and Nashville SS.

Atlanta 1
Martinsville 1
Indy 500
Nashville Super Speedway
Darlington 2
Bristol 2
Petit Le Mans

No F1 this year. Want to save some money. No IndyCar at Nashville, as that race was awful.
Nice slate of races.

I plan to be at:
Atlanta 1 (Cup)
Nashville SS (all 3 races)
Talladega 2 (Cup)
And most of the Saturday nights the Nashville Fairgrounds are running

It’s funny when I look at odds on FanDuel and they have drivers like Buescher, Briscoe, and Stenhouse +4000 and have Blaney, Chase, and Hamlin +1500 or better to win the 500.

Any of those 3 longshot bets have just as good of a chance to win. I’d always bet on the longshots for the superspeedway races and hopefully get the higher payout. It’s a crapshoot regardless.

Atlanta 1
Martinsville 1
Indy 500
Nashville Super Speedway
Darlington 2
Bristol 2
Petit Le Mans

I'll definitely be at ATL and 'Dega (early races). I need to get back to Bristol, Charlotte and Darlington. I've been to 'Mega 3 or 4 times now, but only the spring race. I need to go to the second one.

Nerd, I'd like to meet ya at ATL. I'll buy you a drink (beer or soda lol).

Reactions: Nerd-Vol
It’s funny when I look at odds on FanDuel and they have drivers like Buescher, Briscoe, and Stenhouse +4000 and have Blaney, Chase, and Hamlin +1500 or better to win the 500.

Any of those 3 longshot bets have just as good of a chance to win. I’d always bet on the longshots for the superspeedway races and hopefully get the higher payout. It’s a crapshoot regardless.
If it'll crank you can win, no doubt about it

Lot of good races there. Have you done the Indy 500 before?

I’ll be at the Daytona 500, both Talladega races, and Nashville SS.

Have fun at Daytona. I think I want to go to the Daytona 500 at some point. Between the weather and the style of racing, it may be too stressful for me!

This will be my 11th Indy 500. I think when Sato is retired, I’ll switch to the Coca Cola 600. If Myles Rowe makes it to IndyCar I’ll start back.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Have fun at Daytona. I think I want to go to the Daytona 500 at some point. Between the weather and the style of racing, it may be too stressful for me!

This will be my 11th Indy 500. I think when Sato is retired, I’ll switch to the Coca Cola 600. If Myles Rowe makes it to IndyCar I’ll start back.
That’s awesome you’ve been to Indy that many times.

Last year was my first Daytona 500 and the atmosphere all day is amazing. Weather down there always worries me too, so I build some extra days down there after just in case.

Reactions: Nerd-Vol

VN Store

Back