Peaky Blinders - Netflix Original

Almost done with season 3.

Polly is a really annoying character and I honestly wish they would just kill her off already. Her over-dramatization about her son (who she barely knows) is an annoying storyline, I don’t care about her painting or her sex life, and she just decided it’s a good idea to tell the painter she killed a cop just a few episodes after telling a priest that the Shelby’s are going to kill a priest (which got Tommy nearly beaten to death).

Other than her the show is superb, but she’s annoying.

The actress that played Aunt Polly has passed away

What back to back post in a thread.

I love all the shots they do of Murphy walking around trying to look imposing. Pretty good camera tricks since that dude is like 5' 6" 135 lbs.

Reactions: Smokeytom
It’s back! Just started episode 1. Explained some cast changes beyond their control.

It’s back! Just started episode 1. Explained some cast changes beyond their control.

Just watched Episode 1 myself. Man this show is just excellent, the camerawork alone is just brilliant.

They did well with how they handled Polly. I would imagine it took some reshoots, I’d be interested to know at what point they left off and had to scrap her scenes.

Edit: Just looked it up. She was never able to film any scenes. Had the season started filming when it was supposed to, she would have been able to shoot the season. COVID delayed it and by the time they could start filming, she was too sick.

Last edited:
Reactions: butchna
So many shows need to take note from Peaky Blinders on how to end a series. That could not have been a better ending.

I could've had fewer writing short cuts, but yeah, it was pretty awesome. Maybe I just missed some stuff.

How did they know Billy was an informant? How did they know the plan would be a bomb in the car? If it's any other plan (like shoot him in the bar), then Tommy's plan is stupid, so how did he know? What was the Finn thing about? And Duke? It's like they quickly shoe-horned in these big things in the last couple episodes for no apparent reason (spin-off show?). There was hardly an inkling that Finn wasn't suited to be a Peaky Blinder. In fact, that's what it seemed like they were doing with Duke's story. Hell, Arthur has been completely unreliable for half the series, so why was Finn put to the test like that? My wife and I were just talking about what a non-factor Finn was in the entire series. Does he have more than a dozen lines in the entire show, before the finale?

I could've had fewer writing short cuts, but yeah, it was pretty awesome. Maybe I just missed some stuff.

How did they know Billy was an informant? How did they know the plan would be a bomb in the car? If it's any other plan (like shoot him in the bar), then Tommy's plan is stupid, so how did he know? What was the Finn thing about? And Duke? It's like they quickly shoe-horned in these big things in the last couple episodes for no apparent reason (spin-off show?). There was hardly an inkling that Finn wasn't suited to be a Peaky Blinder.
They had their own mole. The dude named Johnny who switched the bombs and talked to Michael after the explosion.

They had their own mole. The dude named Johnny who switched the bombs and talked to Michael after the explosion.

Johnny Dogs wasn't a mole. He was a confederate who secretly made the trip there. There was no known way for him to know the Nelson gang plan until he was there on site.

Johnny Dogs wasn't a mole. He was a confederate who secretly made the trip there. There was no known way for him to know the Nelson gang plan until he was there on site.
My mistake. Lot of working parts in this series. So it boils down to the obvious. The Shelby’s had a mole and the show follows the lead of the great shows that don’t overexplain everything.

My mistake. Lot of working parts in this series. So it boils down to the obvious. The Shelby’s had a mole and the show follows the lead of the great shows that don’t overexplain everything.

It's not obvious because they didn't explain it, right? Forget about over-explaining. How about just explaining it at all? Tommy did pretend to have a mole, but there was no mole as far as we know.

It's not obvious because they didn't explain it, right? Forget about over-explaining. How about just explaining it at all? Tommy did pretend to have a mole, but there was no mole as far as we know.
Had to have been. I like the nuance of letting the audience fill in the details. Flashbacks showing the mole revealing the details of every planned strike against the Shelbys is cheap dime store theater.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Had to have been. I like the nuance of letting the audience fill in the details. Flashbacks showing the mole revealing the details of every planned strike against the Shelbys is cheap dime store theater.

Who said anything about a flashback?

It's funny to see you pivot from "they told us about a mole." To "they don't need to tell us the how."

Remember how they showed us Nelson's mole? Was that cheap theater?

Honestly, telling us Shelby's the smartest guy without actually showing us how he's the smartest guy is cheap theater.

Who said anything about a flashback?

It's funny to see you pivot from "they told us about a mole." To "they don't need to tell us the details."

Honestly, telling us Shelby's the smartest guy without actually showing us how he's the smartest guy is cheap theater.
I disagree with you. Enjoyed the show immensely. Genius stuff.

I spent 10 minutes researching this. Lots of confusion out there. Somebody is claiming Johnny Dog's kid saw them loading up the bomb. No idea how any viewer would know who JD's kid is.

Regardless, what is the plan if they don't come up with that intel hours before the meeting? If the Nelson plan is "Shank TS in the bar", what is TS going to do going into that meeting with no intel?

Tommy knew it all along…because of the mole. He even set up Billy. His only worry was dying before fait accompli…which was the only area he got outmaneuvered, that by Mosley and Nelson.

One setup I thought was really nifty is how they did the Polly prophesy about Tommy not dying by bullet. We all go, yeah, that makes sense because he's going to die from terminal TB, so we settle on that more firmly and don't see the fake diagnosis twist coming. Masterful

What mole, LOL?
The one that had them prepared for every strike…yuckyuckyuck. I know you needed a whole episode dedicated to the identity and communications from that insider but luckily the writers and producers didn’t agree and went with the element of mystery.

i see both points. they could have added something more to fill some of the gaps, but at the end of the day, i didn't have an issue with any of it. to me, it made perfect sense that Tommy would have someone already on the island, and they did build up the Shelby mole in a couple of episodes. and the way i took it, and this could be completely wrong, was that Billy may not have even been totally aware he was being a mole....but anyway....he was. he got set up, and they resolved that issue.

and i loved the ending. this is by far one of my favorite shows ever.

VN Store

Back