War in Ukraine

Yeah I know. I was just momentarily amazed
You also have to consider it likely was staged. As the narrator pointed out the mall shown was the Galleria. How many average St Petersburgers can afford shopping at the Galleria even without recent inflation? What good are products on shelves if no one can afford them?

There was a bit of unwitting admission. The narrator pointed out there were 750 empty parking spaces available. Only 1200 total are available so it was over half empty

https://www.galeria.spb.ru/en/about/

Reactions: AM64
Yep, as an ordnance technician responsible for repairing the old Hawk system radars, the Ordnance school at Redstone was about 9 months. I have no idea how long the Artillery schools for operation and maintenance were, but you can't just send systems with no people trained in operations, maintenance, and logistics. Without our troops to operate and support complex systems, that's a whole lot of lead time. That's the very reason the process has been to send Russian systems the Ukrainians are familiar with and backfill the losing NATO countries with our weaponry and supposedly temporary support. Some stuff is pretty simple, but on the other end of the spectrum you have very complex and difficult to maintain systems like new fighter aircraft.

This high end equipment being sent with lengthy training makes me wonder how much our government knows on how this will turn out.

It makes me think they are preparing for this to potentially last several more months at a minimum.
If Ukraine is going to have any sustained success they have to make it a war of attrition. Ukraine is being resupplied by a long list of countries with modern equipment. Nobody is resupplying Russia. Thus the continual Stooge trio of “just stop dragging it out and accept your fate” you know that phrase is at the top of all troll propaganda talking points. The longer this goes on the better Ukraine’s chances get.

If Ukraine is going to have any sustained success they have to make it a war of attrition. Ukraine is being resupplied by a long list of countries with modern equipment. Nobody is resupplying Russia. Thus the continual Stooge trio of “just stop dragging it out and accept your fate” you know that phrase is at the top of all troll propaganda talking points. The longer this goes on the better Ukraine’s chances get.
We're on the hook for $40 Billion worth of dragging it out. I wonder how long that will last until the defense contractors whine and cry about needing more money, because of inflation and such.

Reactions: SlipKidVol
We're on the hook for $40 Billion worth of dragging it out. I wonder how long that will last until the defense contractors whine and cry about needing more money, because of inflation and such.
Go read the breakdown. $20B of it was to DoD for replenishment orders already.

What is sad is there are people in this forum who agree with this type of censorship. No wonder they love Zelensky.
Companies and individuals can sensor any media they own for any reason they choose. The real problem would be if they couldn't.

Reactions: AM64
This high end equipment being sent with lengthy training makes me wonder how much our government knows on how this will turn out.

I couldn't see getting much past tank level sophistication until the Russians go home. There would be little future in turning over more sophisticated stuff if the future is in doubt, or taking Ukrainian troops out of battle to train them. Some things will just have to wait until the crisis is over - one way or the other. The interesting thing to see would be if Russia happens to win. Imagine joe backing away from sending funds and equipment that congress has budgeted for Ukraine ... or sending allocated equipment to be captured or simply taken by the Russians. Seems like they got all huffy when somebody else was supposedly blocking (for cause) appropriations to Ukraine.

Reactions: TVOLS
Hey @Rasputin_Vol @volger @DonjoVol how many of these people does Putin get to kill, jail, or fine? You must feel great thinking Putin is so great.

I'll bet the Russians will handle this stuff a lot more decisively than the US handled riots in Portland and a few other places.

VN Store

Back