‘23 AL Cade Phillips (Tennessee commit)

Watching those Fulkerson highlights from Christ School was a throwback. I also remember thinking Fulk was the best player from that class early on before he got hurt. Not sure what that injury did. Or the Covid season… but Phillips would fit nicely in what we like to do IMO. Getting Phillips would be an extremely nice start to our class. It isn’t strange to me Bama doesn’t want him. He just doesn’t fit what they like, and without an Herb Jones type guy I’m not sure that Bama and Nate Oats will ever be what they were the Covid season.

Last edited:
Watching those Fulkerson highlights from Christ School was a throwback. I also remember thinking Fulk was the best player from that class early on before he got hurt. Not sure what that injury did. Or the Covid season… but Phillips would fit nicely in what we like to do IMO. Getting Phillips would be an extremely nice start to our class. It isn’t strange to me Bama doesn’t want him. He just doesn’t fit what they like, and without an Herb Jones type guy I’m not sure that Bama and Nate Oats will ever be what they were the Covid season.
I’m no basketball savant, but I’m not sure what bama does such that they don’t want a 6’-9” athletic player like Phillips? If he continues to develop it’s easy to envision him being a quality SEC player. JMO

Kind of reminds of P.J. Hall at that age….
There are some similarities, certainly. Hall was a bit more of a finesse player and had probably a good bit more of a perimeter shooting game. Phillips seems more athletic and plays with more power in the paint.

I’m no basketball savant, but I’m not sure what bama does such that they don’t want a 6’-9” athletic player like Phillips? If he continues to develop it’s easy to envision him being a quality SEC player. JMO
They like shooters all around. Don’t see Phillips as a shooter right now. Obviously he can work on that part of his game though. I’m perfectly fine with Bama not wanting him… gave us an open door.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Basilio is literally just riding the wave of crystal ball announcements coming in. He knows nothing. Classic Basilio.
Basilio is a thousand times more entertaining than the animal. At least in my opinion. Getting rid of Heather H has improved the animal 1000%. Now if they can do something with Will Wade then they may have a much improved line up.

Jamie Shaw with On3 put in a prediction for Tennessee back on 5/17 when news of him pending commitment broke, too.

VN Store

Back