So who’s going to be coaching at USC next year?

What if I told you…

Urban Meyer will be the next HC at FlSt.

Don't see it happening. FSU is hurting $$ wise and had to scrape the money together to fire Taggert a few years ago.

Highly doubt they have the financial wherewithal right now to both pay off Norvell and give Urban the $9 million a year or so Urban would want.

I would say you are full of it.

USC, Notre Dame, or maybe Bama would be the only places he would consider.

Actually, I see a scenario where Urban ends up at Notre Dame next season.

Brian Kelley just took over the lead for all time wins and ND and basically has jack to show for it in terms of trophy case hardware. Possible that he could bolt ND for USC for a fresh start-if they would even take him. Doubtful but possible.

I don't see Urban bolting the Jags after one year for any other school except the Irish.

I could certainly see Urban quietly letting ND know that if their HC position were to be open, he would be interested.

Actually, I see a scenario where Urban ends up at Notre Dame next season.

Brian Kelley just took over the lead for all time wins and ND and basically has jack to show for it in terms of trophy case hardware. Possible that he could bolt ND for USC for a fresh start-if they would even take him. Doubtful but possible.

I don't see Urban bolting the Jags after one year for any other school except the Irish.

I could certainly see Urban quietly letting ND know that if their HC position were to be open, he would be interested.

Kelly is never leaving Notre Dame unless he gets an NFL offer. Kelly loves ND. He’s not taking a lateral in USC

Kelly is never leaving Notre Dame unless he gets an NFL offer. Kelly loves ND. He’s not taking a lateral in USC
Yeah you can’t do that. You don’t leave either one for the other. Too much tradition and rivalry to go directly from one to another. Maybe, maybe with a stop in between, but even that would seem wrong.

Reactions: igotworms

I'm not saying that it is likely, just that there is a possibility-no matter how remote.

Never underestimate the ego of a head coach at a big time football school. Traditions and rivalries are just words and pageantry for recruits. Every single one of them just knows deep down in their heart of hearts that if they could just land at the right school they could easily replicate what Saban has done at Bama.

This is wild considering he is the head coach at Notre Dame, but Brian Kelly I think is actually an underrated coach. He's underrated purely because they've been blown out in the 3 BCSNCG/CFP appearances they've had, plus the ACCCG last year. And you can't just ignore those, they were embarrassing losses, but he's been there 3 times, and ND in the modern era isn't exactly the easiest place to win anymore. It isn't extremely difficult either, but there are definitely places where it is easier.

More wins than any other ND coach, has won 73% of his games at ND, has only had one truly bad season 11+ years.

Luke Fickell...... State Heavyweight hs wrestling champ 3 years in a row pinning everyone (106-0)

Starting nose tackle for Ohio State alongside Mike Vrabel for 50 straight games.

Hell yes, I'd take that toughness anyday plus his 2 mentors are among the best (Jim Tressell and Urban Meyer), especially Tressell.

He will in all likelihood not leave UC because of loyalty and family concerns, especially his wife who adamantly says, "We are not movers". USC's AD Bohn wants him and of course you never say never,especially when it's one of CFB's premiere destinations.

I honestly think if Franklin could have beaten iowa last night he would have his plane ticket bought. USC is going to wait it out at this point, and have their pick of nfl coordinators imo.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
LSU has wanted Ed out from the start, most likely will be gone no matter how the rest of the season goes. Lane wants the spotlight and embraces chaos. I am not saying he will be at LSU but they will make a run at him. The LSU admin is hell bent on destroying everything.
That sounds familiar

My gut tells me SC' is gonna do something that disappoints their fans.
3boz1b.jpg

VN Store

Back