Movies you've seen recently II

With Halloween near, I went for classics. Watched the Omen series along with Exorcist.

I think I saw a YouTube review of Jack Frost and they mention such a scene…and the tag line was awesome, “looks like Christmas came a little early this year” cue blood running out of her mouth

Yup, and I think that might even be her first movie. Also part 1 and 2 of that are surprisingly fun. Lol

Stab in the dark here but have there been any really good recent horror films made that are totally worth watching? Say going back 3 to 5 years?

Watched Dune last night. Feel asleep about half an hour into it but woke up and watched most of the second half.

Just as slow as the 80s version. At least that's how it seemed to me. If you're expecting the whole story (as presented in the 80s version), don't. You get about half that story, maybe less, in a 2.5-hour long film. They're obviously setting up sequels, which is fine but it left me feeling very unsatisfied as I've literally 'seen this movie before and know how it ends.'

Stab in the dark here but have there been any really good recent horror films made that are totally worth watching? Say going back 3 to 5 years?
What are you looking for? Like jump scares? Horrror comedy? Gore fest? If you haven’t seen midnight meat train it’s pretty good but not that new. Train to Busan pretty good. VHS 94 fairly solid. Mortuary Collection also solid. Halloween Kills is kinda meh. I liked Ready or Not. Hell House LLC.

Reactions: BadJerry20
Hereditary, The Lighthouse, It, Split, Brightburn.

Last edited:

Another vote for hereditary. Also liked the lodge, the dark and the wicked, and saint maud.

Reactions: Ttucke11
Watched Dune last night. Feel asleep about half an hour into it but woke up and watched most of the second half.

Just as slow as the 80s version. At least that's how it seemed to me. If you're expecting the whole story (as presented in the 80s version), don't. You get about half that story, maybe less, in a 2.5-hour long film. They're obviously setting up sequels, which is fine but it left me feeling very unsatisfied as I've literally 'seen this movie before and know how it ends.'

I took my two oldest last night and we really enjoyed it. Much better than expected. It was visually impressive. I thought they did a good job telling the complicated story without slowing it down too much. We’re looking forward to a sequel.

Dune 2021…7/10

I rewatched The Green Mile last night for the first time in like 15 years.

The most southern thing about that movie is not the accents or the postbellum lifestyle. It's the fact that John Coffey was granted a last meal and dude requested meatloaf and cornbread.

EDIT: And I had totally forgotten about his role, but Sam Rockwell was fkn amazing in that movie.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

The most southern thing about that movie is not the accents or the postbellum lifestyle. It's the fact that John Coffey was granted a last meal and dude requested meatloaf and cornbread.

EDIT: And I had totally forgotten about his role, but Sam Rockwell was fkn amazing in that movie.

One of my all time favorite movies. Doug Hutchinson does an amazing job making you absolutely hate Percy. I always love seeing all the scenes from inside the old Tennessee State Prison.

Reactions: orangepridenation

Sam should have won an award for that movie. He was great.

Woman in black is just great, especially if have a decen sound system. I saw it at the movies and i literally yelled and every started laughing. We watch it every hallowedn

VN Store

Back