Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iowa...haven't paid attention to them recently, but that stability is really paying off. Won 21 of their last 26 games and their worst loss was by only 7 points. And they were just 7 points away from going 8-0 last season. Have begun this season with back to back ranked wins...nice developmental program. Likely hit their ceiling, but it just shows the payoff potential when you invest and let it grow.

Iowa...haven't paid attention to them recently, but that stability is really paying off. Won 21 of their last 26 games and their worst loss was by only 7 points. And they were just 7 points away from going 8-0 last season. Have begun this season with back to back ranked wins...nice developmental program. Likely hit their ceiling, but it just shows the payoff potential when you invest and let it grow.
You have to wonder if VT being patient with Fuente is about to pay off after that win against NC.

We need to give Heup time

🚨 Proud dad alert: My son hit a walk-off dinger for his team tonight. Playing first base too for the first time. Rocking it…

View attachment 395263

You may remember about 2 years ago I posted that my son was so incredibly far behind his teammates I was pretty bummed for him. Figured he would get down. Well we celebrated his little victories and kept at it. The little dude has just been grinding for the past four seasons and is now probably the most well-rounded ones out there in the league. I love being a dad and love being his dad. He’s the most coachable, likable kid I’ve ever been around, seriously 😭. Whatever future coach gets him is so lucky. He does everything asked of him.
Good looking swing and the bat toss was awesome!

Moments away from beating a meaningful top opponent on the west coast, Luke Jackson live tweeting in B9 while home with new a baby. And Will Smith proceeds to blow the save. Bruh.

Reactions: OGbabyaviVol
We’re gonna beat Florida

Guys I have to come clean. I don’t really believe this per se. I had posted a tweet from stancliff that had F bombs in it so I had to edit the post real quick.

Doubt we actually beat Florida.

Although come Thursday of Florida I’ll have convinced myself WGWTFA

Move those goalposts. If he had no passing ability, he wouldn't have those passing yards in any length of time. He's the most proven passer on our team, which is simply a statistical fact.
3 straight years of a 153-167 QBR. Might as well just put in a Jimmy 🤭

Oh I know it’s not happening that is why it is so depressing. He could literally be turn this thing around.
It’s not that depressing when we have a shot at another 5 star QB. Arch is great but he’s not the only fish in the water. I have confidence that Heupel will get the QB position right with time.

When are we supposed to wear those? AP confirmed the all blacks as a real thing, right?

Probably not - Sep. 18Tennessee Tech Golden EaglesNeyland Stadium, Knoxville, TN12:00pm ETESPN+/SECN+Buy TicketsSaturday
Can't - Sep. 25at 11 Florida GatorsBen Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, FL7:00pm ETESPNBuy TicketsSaturday
Can't - Oct. 2at Missouri TigersFaurot Field, Columbia, MOTime TBA ETTV TBABuy TicketsSaturday
MAYBE?? - Oct. 9South Carolina GamecocksNeyland Stadium, Knoxville, TNTime TBA ETTV TBABuy TicketsSaturday
MAYBE?? - Oct. 1617 Ole Miss RebelsNeyland Stadium, Knoxville, TNTime TBA ETTV TBABuy TicketsSaturday
Can't - Oct. 23at 1 Alabama Crimson TideBryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa, ALTime TBA ETTV TBABuy TicketsSaturday

Would be most logical choice for Halloween, but no football here - Oct. 30OFFSaturday
Can't - Nov. 6at Kentucky WildcatsKroger Field, Lexington, KYTime TBA ETTV TBABuy TicketsSaturday
I wouldn't think so - Nov. 132 Georgia BulldogsNeyland Stadium, Knoxville, TNTime TBA ETTV TBABuy TicketsSaturday
Seems like a waste - Nov. 20South Alabama JaguarsNeyland Stadium, Knoxville, TNTime TBA ETTV TBABuy TicketsSaturday
Would be confusing - Nov. 27Vanderbilt CommodoresNeyland Stadium, Knoxville, TNTime TBA ETTV TBABuy Tickets
I’m impressed with the work put into this.

Reactions: beneVOLence
? That was all on the receiver
The defense forced an early throw, the receiver was not expecting it right out of his break across the middle. It was thrown into an area with three defenders. The QB rushed the throw. That was on the QB.

You have to wonder if VT being patient with Fuente is about to pay off after that win against NC.

We need to give Heup time
Think about what you're saying. Do you see the irony?

NC was an irrelevant program when Fuente was hired. One of the worst in the ACC. Fuente has beat them 5 out of the last 6 times for Christ's sake. And that team is your signature win to justify it all? I can guarantee you no VT fan sees it that way.

That's like Vandy coming out of nowhere to become a top 10 team, us beating them on the way down, and claiming that is a program defining win. Gross. No thanks.

I vote we follow the NC plan to go from basement dweller to top 10 team in a year if we are just throwing out random teams to compare to.

Last edited:
Good coach

Reactions: beneVOLence
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back