Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

Chelsea yet to give up a goal from live play this year in EPL and UCL. Only goal given up was a penalty against Liverpool. Defensive masterclass.

Curious to see how Barca responds after their loss to Bayern. Things aren’t always so simple when you don’t have the best player on the planet on your team.

I wish College football would use relegation so badly. Non soccer fans don’t understand the pure terror or joy that comes from being in control of your own fate.

Reactions: MAD and Godfatha
I wish College football would use relegation so badly. Non soccer fans don’t understand the pure terror or joy that comes from being in control of your own fate.
The UT version of “Sunderland Til I Die” would certainly be quite the watch as we inevitably plummeted down the pyramid.

Reactions: MAD and C/O
I have thought it would be neat to see it in professional football, basketball, or baseball. How cool would it be to see a minor league team jump up into the majors?

Reactions: MAD
They struggled for a draw against Granada. That club is spiraling, hard.
It’s sad to see. They’ve been totally mismanaged the last few years going. You expect them to be somewhat down after the old guard starting retiring or leaving, but nothing like this.

I have thought it would be neat to see it in professional football, basketball, or baseball. How cool would it be to see a minor league team jump up into the majors?
It would be cool, you would think at least the MLS would have implemented it. But owners don’t want it, look what the Americans tried to do forming thee Super League in Europe.

Reactions: C/O
That's not too bad. I kind of expected they would have to shut down longer than that. It's a shame there wasn't a country willing to host that has weather in June and July where human beings can safely play sports.

Given the COVID shutdown that led to an almost non-existent offseason in 2020, a condensed 20-21 season to get the calendar back on track, followed by the Euros/Copa/Gold Cup/Olympics this past summer, this season which also includes shoehorning the entirety of WC qualifying in, and another compressed season in 22-23 to accommodate the actual WC, there's going to be a lot of guys absolutely dead on their feet come June 2023.

Although I guess playing it in November does allow it to actually take place in 2022. I doubt they would have ever gotten the qualifying done in time for June and would have had to move it to the following summer.

Barca 0-0 full time vs Cadiz. The wheels have pretty much came off at this point.

VN Store

Back