Tennessee vs Texas (merged)

Lived in Texas.
Let me tell you. It is just as natural for them to call Texas UT as it is for Tennesseans to call Tennessee UT.

They've a lot of state pride. They're a good addition to the conference. So is OU.
Aggie was little brother that was trying to carve out their own kingdom in the SEC, but Bama, LSU never will allow that to happen.

Texas absolutely has the potential to challenge Bama one day. OU too.

And if you all can't see the benefit of a NEW tradition rich rivalry like Texas vs Tennessee every couple of years, then I don't know what to tell you.
It's natural for a dog to hump your leg, that doesn't make it acceptable. WE are UT. Screw Texas. We gave 'em Davy Crockett and they got him killed. They ain't gettin' our name, too.

I agree about the Oklahoma but funny thing is Texas does truly have a more talented roster than us so I'd say until this season is well underway let's wait and see. But I do like the idea of having the opportunity to playing them yearly

We aren’t beating Oklahoma and Texas right now in fact Oklahoma might win the national title this year they got a stacked team coming back along with a elite QB and they are starting to finally play some defense.

Reactions: Sara Clark
If these teams don’t actually start playing in the SEC till 2025 then nobody knows how we will look or them we might still be on probation hopefully we won’t be and Heupel is turning out to be a great coach.

I’ve honestly never heard anybody outside Tennessee call it UT and I’ve never heard anybody call Texas UT.

Just received the e-mail from Texas president announcing move to SEC (as an alumnus). Y’all are not gonna like the title of said e-mail!!!

1EA16687-04E5-47C5-8702-94D471FCDC7C.jpg

Without Tennessee there wouldn't be a Texas, they don't deserve to sniff our jocks.
Truth be told it wasn’t all Tennesseans. What was it David Crockett said as he walked out the door? Oh yeah “You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas.” In all seriousness, they were all brave men who STAYED, even when they knew the only outcome for them was death. All for an idea. The idea of Texas. That’s why I want this game so bad.

Reactions: LittleVol
At least they cant claim Rocky Top since TX is a totally flat space
Not true. Southeast Texas is flat, Northeast Texas has hills, Central Texas has lots of hills and west, west Texas has a few mountains. No mountains like Tennessee, though.
I’m an OTR truck driver and absolutely love when I go through Tennessee. In fact, my wife is an Okie and we’re moving back to Texas soon. I told her that we should consider Tennessee as well. If I had to move anywhere besides Texas, it would be Tennessee.

Plus Texas is basically Tennessee’s kid. Look at some of their most prominent founders. It’s basically a whose who of Tennesseans.

I think in this one instance it should be a friendly one.
Do you consider someone who was born in a different state but, lives in Tennessee a Tennessean?

“Google” UT Sports and see what “pops up”

Love it!!

Still remember when Texas took us to court over the Power-T. We had to put UT at mid-field (while it was in the courts for years) and when we won the Natty in 98 our championship gear has UT on it and not our Power-T.

When it was all said and done years later, the courts ruled that we have the rights to the Power-T and the UT logo. We let Texas use the UT logo after that ruling.

The days of Texas bulling everyone (with BS lawsuits) will end when they hit the SEC.
There's no way that the SEC lets Texas push other programs around as Texas did in the Big-12.

After that garbage logo rights lawsuit...
Would love to see the entire SEC drag Texas in all sports

lol
Moving up UF one notch, as my second hated SEC team.

Hope Rick Barnes is still here when Texas comes in.

It's natural for a dog to hump your leg, that doesn't make it acceptable. WE are UT. Screw Texas. We gave 'em Davy Crockett and they got him killed. They ain't gettin' our name, too.
Hahaha.

Were you beat a lot as a child, brother, or are you just beaten now?
ME beaten...??? No...I only wish I could say the same about our Football team and the Bama series. I'm just looking at the record. Tennessee has never beaten a Saban-coached Alabama Football team. In fact..since Saban took the helm in 2007 there have only been two games that were even close ( 2009 & 2015). The balance of the series have been ugly beat-downs. Our series with Bama USED to be a genuine rivalry. We're on our EIGHTH coach since Bama hired Saban. Like him or not...he's built a solid program at Bama with no sign of it weakening as long as he remains there. All that said...lest anyone think I'm a Bama supporter..I've been a Tennessee fan since my days there, starting in 1972. I can remember seasons when the third Saturday in October came around and I was offering $1000.00 bets on the Vols to beat Alabama ..with NO takers. It's just reality. I'm supporting Coach Heupel and hoping that if we have this conversation in 14 years it will be about the "Heupel Era" that began in 2021 and ended Bama's dominance over UT.
GBO.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Been to Texas, but haven’t heard it much. I don’t doubt that it gets used. I just think that it’s mostly a local phenomenon unless you’ve got a long or directional name or specifically market it that way like LSU or USC. You also tend to hear it more for the “State” schools like FSU.

I’ve been in TX since the mid 80s. The university is commonly called “UT”. In fact almost universally in my experience.

Time To Vote Volnation, let’s show them which is the real UT.

VN Store

Back