The Official #3 Tennessee vs Virginia College World Series Game 1 Thread (SUNDAY AT 2PM EST)

I am glad you asked what it was based on because it didn’t make sense that MSU chances were so much better. Agree with everything you are saying about which teams are more at risk. What worries me is that Tennessee might be looking ahead since Virginia is the weakest team.
Yeah, that’s not something you can predictably quantify though

Reactions: ArdentVol and MAD
I'm a numbers guy so I like to understand these things. I'm not saying they're wrong but I'm interested to know their assumptions. I actually think Tennessee has very good odds, if only because they happen to get easily the weakest team in the first game. Based on odds alone that improves Tennessee's chances signficantly. Miss St is much closer to Texas than UVA is to us. So either of those teams are more at risk than the Vols. I think Tennessee will make the finals in their bracket. I think Miss St and Texas are about even in their odds given that they're fairly equal in strength and more likely to see each other again in an elimination game than the Vols are of UVA.

i differ here. I think MSU has 2-and-Q written all over them
They peaked early in season and not playing their best

in the other bracket, I can’t see NC State pulling a rabbit out of their hat for a 3rd week

I think Stanford matches up well against Vanderbilt, especially Lester who they would likely face on Monday.

The potential Monday and Tuesday winners games are monumental in both brackets

Reactions: ArdentVol and MAD
i differ here. I think MSU has 2-and-Q written all over them
They peaked early in season and not playing their best

in the other bracket, I can’t see NC State pulling a rabbit out of their hat for a 3rd week

I think Stanford matches up well against Vanderbilt, especially Lester who they would likely face on Monday.

The potential Monday and Tuesday winners games are monumental in both brackets

I feel the opposite on MSST. I’d rather TX win so MSST has to go through the losers bracket. I think MSST has deeper pitching and their lineup is pretty solid top to bottom like ours.

I agree about Stanford and I think AZ might hit Rocker. Fingers crossed Vandy gets bounced, but we have to win our side first.

I feel the opposite on MSST. I’d rather TX win so MSST has to go through the losers bracket. I think MSST has deeper pitching and their lineup is pretty solid top to bottom like ours.

I agree about Stanford and I think AZ might hit Rocker. Fingers crossed Vandy gets bounced, but we have to win our side first.

This will be the 2 best and most consistent offenses Vanderbilt had played all year. Arizona’s pitching is woeful but there offense greatly counteracts that

Dang, I had to cancel my trip due to a family illness. My daughter and I are crushed. If any UT fans need premium seats, I have 2 available in Section 106 Row 11 for Sun, and Section 116 Row 12 for Tues night when UT wins. I will sell for my cost to Vol fans only. I wanted to give TN fans first option before I post on Ticketmaster, so let me know if interested. They are dugout seats on 1B and 3B respectively. Go Vols!
UPDATE: SUNDAY TICKETS are SOLD

Last edited:
Just saw an article where they’re talking about potential beer shortages in Omaha lol. Not sure if it was a joke or not, but there are a few SEC teams that will be there so who knows.
The beer shortage is real. Lots of factors and corcumstances thanks in part to the last 15-16 months.
Breweries can’t keep the distribution levels up to the levels of demand, thanks to shutdowns and then everything kinda opening up at once.
A lot of the popular imports are being held up at customs. Remember, those breweries overseas were deemed nonessential and were shut down for months. Now they have a ton of product they are trying to import.
It’s crazy and the same goes for a lot of liquors as well, especially the imports.
GBO!!

Reactions: Orange931 and txbo
The beer shortage is real. Lots of factors and corcumstances thanks in part to the last 15-16 months.
Breweries can’t keep the distribution levels up to the levels of demand, thanks to shutdowns and then everything kinda opening up at once.
A lot of the popular imports are being held up at customs. Remember, those breweries overseas were deemed nonessential and were shut down for months. Now they have a ton of product they are trying to import.
It’s crazy and the same goes for a lot of liquors as well, especially the imports.
GBO!!

Anyone that deems a brewery as nonessential should be tarred and feathered..... and I'm not joking.

Thankfully, I haven't had any problems finding Natty Light. Premium beers still available I guess.

Ugh, I can't do Natty anymore. My time at UT left a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to Natty Light, Jack Daniels, Evan Williams and Jagermeister.

Pavalony should get the “grit” award for contributions while injured. The come back kid.

Absolutely. Glad you mentioned it. He has really soldiered thru since coming back from injury. His throwing was a problem for a while, but it seems to be coming around. And he's getting more comfortable at the plate and in the box.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM and txbo
Just saw an article where they’re talking about potential beer shortages in Omaha lol. Not sure if it was a joke or not, but there are a few SEC teams that will be there so who knows.

No matter what else changes on this earth, the average Vol fan’s “thirst” for victory will always be unquenchable.

Anyone that deems a brewery as nonessential should be tarred and feathered..... and I'm not joking.

Thankfully, I haven't had any problems finding Natty Light. Premium beers still available I guess.
Corona and Modelo are feeling it. How are those 2 doing in Texas?
GBO!!

Reactions: txbo

VN Store

Back