Transfer Portal 21-22

Payton Verhulst is gonna make caitlin clark type noise next year.

Are we forgetting that Clark was a first team all-American on a few lists this year as a freshman? Give the young woman some credit. That's something Davis, DeShields, and Russell never accomplished in any of their college years.

Reactions: Remy
Are we forgetting that Clark was a first team all-American on a few lists this year as a freshman? Give the young woman some credit. That's something Davis, DeShields, and Russell never accomplished in any of their college years.

I don't think anything I said was discrediting what Clark did :)

Ohio State WBB grad transfer Dorka Juhász (6-4 JR forward, Pecs, Hungary) has announced her commitment to UConn

Gina Conti and Jordan Lewis are probably the last two names in the portal that could help us. There are some other good players, but most from lesser conferences. They are the only two with P5 playing experience and a proven track record that haven’t been scooped up.

Unless we can pick up either of them I’d say we really wouldn’t be adding much with a transfer.

Any others out there that might help us? Was hoping we were in on Juhasz

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Gina Conti and Jordan Lewis are probably the last two names in the portal that could help us. There are some other good players, but most from lesser conferences. They are the only two with P5 playing experience and a proven track record that haven’t been scooped up.

Unless we can pick up either of them I’d say we really wouldn’t be adding much with a transfer.

I thought Lewis already committed to Baylor?

I thought Lewis already committed to Baylor?

That has not been posted anywhere that I know of. On the transfer blog she still has no destination school. I do think she’s exactly the kind of player Baylor has added the last few seasons. But she has not made a decision yet that I can find.

Baylor may not have room for her either. Remains to be seen if any of their seniors will return. I believe Richards and Ursin declared for the draft but would still have the option to return. Unlikely either of them will be drafted, at least not very high. Even less likely either would make a roster after training camp.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Here's another name in the transfer portal to keep an eye on. Could be she's planning on going to Alabama, but I saw her play against MSST and TAMU and she's the real deal. Aggressive rebounder and very nice midrange shot. She would be an upgrade over anyone on next year's roster as a 4.

I mean, when will it end? UConn, really? Someone who thinks they are going to playing time, ain’t gonna.

That’s what I’m thinking. I think they all think it will help their WNBA draft prospects. Unlikely if you can’t get any playing time. Kinda like Azura Stevens. I thought UCONN was a strange stop for her. She didn’t get any better and didn’t play much. Would have done better elsewhere.

Not big Gina Conti she is another one that needs space to get her shot off. With Lewis she don`t need space to get her shot of plus she can take it to the rack.

That’s what I’m thinking. I think they all think it will help their WNBA draft prospects. Unlikely if you can’t get any playing time. Kinda like Azura Stevens. I thought UCONN was a strange stop for her. She didn’t get any better and didn’t play much. Would have done better elsewhere.
If she plays well, she could get a lot of minutes. If ONO continues to be ineffective against better teams, Geno could start her at the 4 alongside Edwards at the 5. If she regains her shooting stroke, she can be a solid addition to their team. I do agree that she will go from playing major minutes to a much lower visibility role that probably hurts her draft prospects more than if she had stayed at OSU.

Reactions: olddog

VN Store

Back