Game Thread: (25) Lady Vols vs. (13) Kentucky

😆 Thanks for posting that clip! That was hilarious (and Re is right...we have the ability to play with anyone). If teams take on the personality of their coaches, this team seems to personify that. They are tough and resilient.

Hoping we never come back down to earth until after the season. We're on the move.

Way too early for this, but the title of this season may be The Empire Strikes Back.
What about Revenge of the Sith? LOL!

The problem I have is watching Horston bringing the ball up the court. I just know she's gonna turn it over half the time..... and we have to get better at throwing the ball into play. They've become a turn over machine lately.

until the end of the game, Jordan was 7 assists and one turnover

On how Rennia Davis and Tamari Key make her job as a coach easier and how the team can clean up their turnovers:
"Good players make coaches look good. I can't really take credit for teaching Tamari Key how to be 6'7".

I knew she had to be 6'7" but everyone kept saying she was 6'5".
Many of us have been saying it and it was obvious in last years team picture, with her towering over the 6'5" Emily Saunders

Attachments

• 2019_20_Tennessee_Lady_Vols.jpg
    2019_20_Tennessee_Lady_Vols.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 32
Anyone still mad at Tamari Key over her hair? I didn't think so.

Her smile was one of the best things today.

And Rae Burrell. Who I don't even want to talk about. Afraid to say her name. Just leave her alone and let her live in this zone of awesome she is in. Did not forsee her putting the defensive clampty clamp on Howard at all. Well done SEC Player of the Week Burrell, and nice move Coach Harper.

Rennia grabs 20 Rebounds? Just the sound of that would have made Pat smile.

Last edited:
OMG just watched the pressor and I think I'm going to cry. She said "locked in" over and over and by God, they are! For now, until they break my heart again at least. They've actually gotten better off loses, even Coach says they're fun to watch. I must be dreaming.

OMG just watched the pressor and I think I'm going to cry. She said "locked in" over and over and by God, they are! For now, until they break my heart again at least. They've actually gotten better off loses, even Coach says they're fun to watch. I must be dreaming.

This is what she liked to do at Mo State as well. I think we’re about to go on a run here 🤞🏼. Hate to speak too soon but every game on the schedule until SC is winnable by a margin like today if we play like we have been.

She got that Sweet 16 team rolling and they were playing extremely confident basketball. If this team believes they’re going to win every time they step between the lines they can go a long way.

VN Store

Back