What did you have for dinner II?

Finally, having finished this morning the clean up from last night’s pork smoking/roasting, I will trim off the fat cap in the future. Yes, last night, the pork was oh so moist, juicy even. I do not wish to clean up that much rendered and congealed pork fat, again.

Well just for bit of contrast it doesn’t hold a light to Mrs @JCHateSteve ‘s French toast but it’s breakfast for dinner. We make our own Corned beef for the corned beef hash and some poached eggs on honey wheat toast. Sorry about the sucky picture but This is what a real eggs from chickens wandering around our farm looks like. B72E246D-E690-4344-974F-20EAE35A234D.jpeg901E2EC3-A205-455E-84D9-397DB243D9E6.jpeg

Smoked pork & black bean enchiladas
82C1FA19-1F5C-445B-BA48-EE8A2307E360.jpeg
Edit: forgot to take a picture when these came out of the oven. Darker red enchilada sauce has ancho chiles and cayenne sauce. Enchiladas had coarsely chopped onions and green peppers with the pork, black beans, and shredded cheddar cheese. These are better than expected.

Last edited:
Educated some of my redneck fireman buddies at the Station tonight. Pork Chili Verde with Pork butt cubed up and tomatillos, cilantro, candied jalapeños served with rice and corn browned in butter chili ,lime, poblano peppers. Most of these guys never even heard of Tomatillos lol. It was a resounding success though when the one guy said nah i dont like green stuff, I'm just gonna go to the store for a honey bun. Our chief said the man took the time to cook it at least you can try it, he went back for thirds!:D

Educated some of my redneck fireman buddies at the Station tonight. Pork Chili Verde with Pork butt cubed up and tomatillos, cilantro, candied jalapeños served with rice and corn browned in butter chili ,lime, poblano peppers. Most of these guys never even heard of Tomatillos lol. It was a resounding success though when the one guy said nah i dont like green stuff, I'm just gonna go to the store for a honey bun. Our chief said the man took the time to cook it at least you can try it, he went back for thirds!:D
You need to rassle @508mikey out your way!

How bout good old spaghetti and meatballs? Made a version of this for my grandma many years ago and she never forgave me. She said it was the best meatball she had ever had and she prided herself on her meatballs until I told her it was ground venison. Tonight’s have some sausage from our pasture pig mixed in with the ground deer. 593CBBCD-1ADE-49C6-B15D-C1462D077B44.jpegD9566AAC-6812-4B72-8FA1-3FBEFA0F7198.jpeg

VN Store

Back