Walker

IMG_20200604_224311.jpg

Starring:
Jared Padalecki (Supernatural)
Lindsey Morgan (The 100)
Mitch Pileggi (The X-Files)
Coby Bell (Burn Notice, SEAL Team)
Keegan Allen (Pretty Little Liars)

"WALKER, a reimagining of the long-running series “Walker, Texas Ranger,” stars Jared Padalecki (“Supernatural”) as Cordell Walker, a widower and father of two with his own moral code, who returns home to Austin after being undercover for two years, only to discover there’s harder work to be done at home. He’ll attempt to reconnect with his creative and thoughtful son (Kale Culley, “Me, Myself and I”) and his headstrong, somewhat rebellious teenaged daughter (Violet Brinson, “Sharp Objects”) and navigate clashes with his family - an ADA brother (Keegan Allen, “Pretty Little Liars”) who stepped in during Walker’s absence, his perceptive mother (Molly Hagen, “Herman’s Head”) and his traditional rancher father (Mitch Pileggi, “The X-Files”). Walker’s former colleague is now his Ranger Captain, (Coby Bell, “The Game”). Walker finds unexpected common ground with his new partner (one of the first women in Texas Rangers’ history) played by Lindsey Morgan (“The 100”), while growing increasingly suspicious about the circumstances surrounding his wife’s death. The show also stars Jeff Pierre as Trey Barnett. WALKER is written and executive produced by Anna Fricke (“Being Human,” “Valor”), and executive produced by Dan Lin and Lindsay Liberatore and Jared Padalecki. WALKER is from CBS Television Studios in association with Rideback."

Last edited:
Yikes, will the CW still go forward with this reboot?

I wonder if they will take the reruns of Walker, Texas Ranger off the air?

First of all, removing statues is not “erasing history” it is not scrubbing or rewriting history books which is the common argument when these statues come down. It is simply removing figures from being honored in public spaces. You dont see statues of Hitler around Germany or Saddam Hussien in Iraq simply to celebrate history.

Second, after a quick search, this is not some generic statue of a Texas Ranger. It is a specific man who apparently had quite an appalling history regarding racism including, as a law enforcement agent, allowing a black man to be lynched.

In regards to the show, both original and reboot, this statue has zero bearing on either. If this reboot is canceled it will most likely be based on market research finding a lack of interest.

First of all, removing statues is not “erasing history” it is not scrubbing or rewriting history books which is the common argument when these statues come down. It is simply removing figures from being honored in public spaces. You dont see statues of Hitler around Germany or Saddam Hussien in Iraq simply to celebrate history.

Second, after a quick search, this is not some generic statue of a Texas Ranger. It is a specific man who apparently had quite an appalling history regarding racism including, as a law enforcement agent, allowing a black man to be lynched.

In regards to the show, both original and reboot, this statue has zero bearing on either. If this reboot is canceled it will most likely be based on market research finding a lack of interest.
There is now a call to networks to pull and cancel all law enforcement television shows.

Also a call that to have stores pull all police toys from store shelves?

There is now a call to networks to pull and cancel all law enforcement television shows.

Also a call that to have stores pull all police toys from store shelves?

Meh... there is always a call to pull anything for X reason and its from both sides of the political spectrum.

Look up One Million Moms. They call for a new boycott of something every week.

Hell... I remember being in a comic book store in the 90s and seeing this older lady stat going off to the shop owner that the X-Men book she was holding was promoting the devil.

And for what its worth, there are way too many cop shows and 99% are indistinguishable from the others. TV could do with less anyway LOL

Cagle from that rundown it sounds like they are pulling from Lone Wolf McQuade and the Walker tv show

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
"Genevieve Padalecki will play Emily, Walker’s strong, capable and generous late wife who is brave and focused on helping the disenfranchised. Appearing in flashback, Emily is a grounded and authentic hero in the Walker family."

I thought the show was pretty weak. I think the Walker character just isn’t Walker. It’s like when they tried to reboot Nightmare On Elmstreet with a different actor and it just fell flat because Robert Englund is Freddy Krueger. If this show had been given a different name, it would be different.

Reactions: DeusExMachina
I thought the show was pretty weak. I think the Walker character just isn’t Walker. It’s like when they tried to reboot Nightmare On Elmstreet with a different actor and it just fell flat because Robert Englund is Freddy Krueger. If this show had been given a different name, it would be different.
Yeah it's an ok show, but it's not Walker. Walker is a kick butt, action hero kinda character. The quintessential white hat wild west lawman, good guy.This guy is a typical damaged goods cowboy cop. All the inner demons and self doubt/ grey area crap. This one almost reminds me if Riggs off the Lethal weapon tv show reboot. Its entertaining as a show, but it's not Walker. It should just be called Ranger or Rangers or something like that.

Reactions: davethevol

VN Store

Back