Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

That would seem like an odd time to make that post if he still intends to play this season for Yale. Not sure that will translate well to his current teammates.
Ivy League has a rule that you can’t graduate and play, so if that’s the case I doubt they’d hold much of a grudge as he’d have no choice but to transfer.

Ivy League has a rule that you can’t graduate and play, so if that’s the case I doubt they’d hold much of a grudge as he’d have no choice but to transfer.
Yeah, I'm aware of their rule on grads. It just seems like the optics are that he already has his eyes toward a future elsewhere. I could see how that wouldn't sit well with his current teammates, but maybe they don't care. It would seem every one of them will have the same opportunity to bolt for a 5th year somewhere else if they want it since this year doesn't count towards anyone's eligibility.

Ok so he could, but would he?
I think that’s TBD...just my guess, he will go through the season and see what the outlook is at years end. If he thinks he can sniff a NBA contract even as an undrafted free agent I would guess he’d go that route. If it looks more like Europe for him to make money playing ball I could see him returning for another year in Knoxville.

Would/could Fulky come back next year?

Barnes in his presser yesterday certainly made it seem like a possibility. It’s hard with Rick’s sarcasm/jokes to tell how serious he was. He said as soon as he heard the news they could have another year of eligibility he immediately called Fulky and said “you’re gonna be a lifer”

Have to think regardless of what Fulk/Anosike do that if Pons leave we become very appealing to a transfer big like Atkinson...if either or both of those 2 also leave then even more attractive. The guard and wing play should be among the nations best.

“I'm looking for a school that's ready to compete and to help me get to the next level and most importantly I'm looking for a masters program in business/finance that I feel will help me in the future after basketball”

How’s UT’s business/finance department?

Reactions: Ryno14
Atkinson sounds like a good prospect and I hope we get him but I have a feeling we are going to be hearing a lot of names over the next few months. With eligibility not counting and ease of transfers, the floodgates are going to open up. Any prospect at a mid tier school that has out performed his ranking will almost certainly explore their options.

Have to think regardless of what Fulk/Anosike do that if Pons leave we become very appealing to a transfer big like Atkinson...if either or both of those 2 also leave then even more attractive. The guard and wing play should be among the nations best.

How’s UT’s business/finance department?

The MBA program at the Haslam School of Business is consistently ranked as a top-25 public institution program. Top 50ish overall (public and private). It isn’t elite, but very few are going to turn their nose up at an MBA from that program, especially from someone holding an undergrad degree from Yale.

Reactions: goodtobegoad
Atkinson sounds like a good prospect and I hope we get him but I have a feeling we are going to be hearing a lot of names over the next few months. With eligibility not counting and ease of transfers, the floodgates are going to open up. Any prospect at a mid tier school that has out performed his ranking will almost certainly explore their options.
Yup, transfer market is going to be unlike any other past years...it’s why I said when we missed on Jabari Smith I didn’t think it would be that big of a deal, and that if Smith is a one and done we may even be better off for that one year.

The MBA program at the Haslam School of Business is consistently ranked as a top-25 public institution program. Top 50ish overall (public and private). It isn’t elite, but very few are going to turn their nose up at an MBA from that program, especially from someone holding an undergrad degree from Yale.
Well that sounds like it will be a good selling point then

On the recruiting front as some have asked, Tennessee did reach out to Yale transfer Paul Atkinson, but so have scores of high majors across the nation. It’s too early to tell if anything will come of it, but the Vols have thrown their hat in the ring along with a host of others.
There continues to be speculation that five star Brandon Huntley-Hatfield could reclassify into the ’21 class, and if that’s the case Tennessee would certainly pursue him aggressively and we feel they’d be strong contenders.
-VQ

VN Store

Back