Next gen console power (PS5 and Xbox Series X)

Yeah, I actually opened it up after the warranty ran out and placed some Arctic Silver thermal paste on it to hopefully help with the thermals, hah.
That would have been a good idea. I'd like to see someone take one apart and try to do mineral oil cooling on the thing, just to see what it would do.

Last edited:
Im sure gamestop is still selling some preowned ones for $300
Went down that rabbit hole a little bit. It's been done and there are a few youtube videos on it. Making the Hard Drive and Disc Drive work seems to be a pain. It apparently cools really well though.

I know nothing about this Mumbai level of Hitman 2 so that graphic doesn't mean anything to me unless it's explained. Also, temperature of what? CPU? GPU? Exhaust air? Ambient air inside the case?

If this is for real, I'm going to take a really hard look at the new AMD RX 6000 cards when they come out.
PC version of the game hasn’t got the ray tracing update as far as I know yet. I would guess anything of a 2070 will still be more powerful than the SX

Saw a leaked video of the PS5 loading a save of the new Spider Man game, took literally 2 seconds at most. Very impressive

Saw a leaked video of the PS5 loading a save of the new Spider Man game, took literally 2 seconds at most. Very impressive
Yeah the loading and the haptic feedback stuff for the ps5 controller seem like they will be the biggest noticeable things with next gen

Just got this in today and I've got to say, even though I still prefer XBOX's joystick layout, the Dualsense feels amazing. It's got good weight to it. The bumpers and buttons have good feel. The bumpers click while the buttons have a more muted sound and feel. The triggers have a ton of play in them but they're not loose at all. The D-pad leaves something to be desired, but the L3/R3 have a real nice "click" to them and they seem to stay depressed until you decide to let them go. I would say they're a huge improvement over current gen controllers. "Hold R3 to run" is a function I typically hate, but I've got a feeling they've fixed that with Dualsense.
It's pretty and aesthetically simplistic at the same time. I'm guessing this is going to be the biggest advancement in controllers since XBOX went from "the Duke" to the Controller S.
IMG-4696.jpg

Reactions: Freak and 615vols
Just got this in today and I've got to say, even though I still prefer XBOX's joystick layout, the Dualsense feels amazing. It's got good weight to it. The bumpers and buttons have good feel. The bumpers click while the buttons have a more muted sound and feel. The triggers have a ton of play in them but they're not loose at all. The D-pad leaves something to be desired, but the L3/R3 have a real nice "click" to them and they seem to stay depressed until you decide to let them go. I would say they're a huge improvement over current gen controllers. "Hold R3 to run" is a function I typically hate, but I've got a feeling they've fixed that with Dualsense.
It's pretty and aesthetically simplistic at the same time. I'm guessing this is going to be the biggest advancement in controllers since XBOX went from "the Duke" to the Controller S.
View attachment 319579
Do games really use hold to run? I thought all were just click to run.

From the videos I watched, the haptics seem really cool. Really cool.

The one thing that's missing for me is back buttons. I really wish they would have added that but maybe we'll see an attachment like the DS4 has. I guess the old attachment could work, but I'm guessing not.

Do games really use hold to run? I thought all were just click to run.

From the videos I watched, the haptics seem really cool. Really cool.

The one thing that's missing for me is back buttons. I really wish they would have added that but maybe we'll see an attachment like the DS4 has. I guess the old attachment could work, but I'm guessing not.
Holding L3/R3 to run may be a bit antiquated now, but I remember it being really common in FPSs. Regardless, they seem to be greatly improved.

I'm actually genuinely excited to play the ASTRO game they're bundling in just to see what it can do.

If you are getting a PS5 and you're new to PlayStation or you're a Plus member and don't already own these games, this is one hell of a bargain! That is a collection of some very high quality titles!

VN Store

Back