The SEC is trying to form a super-conference with the ACC and Big12

It's deja vu all over again.

The virus starts up North and West, and people down South are like "No big whoop! We'll be fine!".
Now look where people are dying in droves.

Then football was cancelled up North and West, and people down South are like "No big whoop. We'll be fine!"
Guess where people will be dying in droves this Fall.

There's no fixing stupid.

Please anoint that fool Clay Travis (Betting Handicapper / Epidemiologist) as your "CV19 Hoax King" for life, sit back, and watch it all burn down.
Honest question: How is it ok for schools to bring students back to classrooms, but sports are too much?

Yes, I work in biotech. I was laughing more about your election comment
The election comment was just social commentary. The two parties are trying to drive this stupidity in opposite directions. It is either a complete hoax, or we are all going to die if we get close enough to recognize human features.

Reactions: Kdbnab1
Honest question: How is it ok for schools to bring students back to classrooms, but sports are too much?

Most colleges and high schools in the North and West will have online classes to begin the Fall semester.

A majority of schools, from elementary thru college, are coming up with all kinds of ways to avoid bringing students back full-time.

A majority of schools, from elementary thru college, are coming up with all kinds of ways to avoid bringing students back full-time.
Also, the jury is out on how long the schools that are assembling will continue to be able to do so.

Vols will add two more additional games in Oklahoma and Clemson lol
If SEC/ACC merged for the year and went to proximity schedule, it would actually be a much easier schedule...Vandy, KY, VT, Wake, UNC, SC, Clemson, UGA, GT, Bama?

Let's be honest. The SEC is desperate to save some semblance of a season because of the massive revenue it generates in tv dollars, even forgoing the gate receipts. And I get the desire to not make that so obviously the case by inviting others and pretending it isn't a fact that regionally speaking college football in the South is billions every year.

But who really thinks they can possibly corral all of this in time? I just don't see it happening.

Not on board with this at all. Just postpone it, I feel like we are keeping a dog thats been run over by a car a dozen times on life support at this point.

I like UT's odds here.

EfBdRo8XkAIz51K

Reactions: norrislakevol
Also as a Public Health Official, one thing I will say as it applies to the danger of COVID is we have little idea what the long term impacts are versus say something like the flu. Tranmissability is also much higher. It appears that COVID also has the ability to trigger the onset of adjacent afflictions in certain populations like kids.

And if it ends up being bad, it could lead to massive liability lawsuits.

Now I've seen some politicians try to outlaw those, but really the best way to handle this is to take the proper precautions instead of trying to ban lawsuits which might actually be proper if mishandling occurs.

VN Store

Back