Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Last Crusade

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Knox-a-rue

Never Forget the Hobnail Boot Game!
I was listening to a podcast today (Sanity at the Movies) and they were all about Raiders of the Lost Ark being the best Indiana Jones movie. I'm a Last Crusader myself. But I wondered if I was along.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Raiders...first and by far best. Grittier and less contrived material as well as acting. I remember loving Temple, but it hasn’t held up. Still haven’t watched the third one.

Raiders is probably the best movie, but Crusade is my favorite. Connery and Ford played off of each other very well and were pretty funny together

Agree 💯

I love Crusade but it cant stand on its own without Raiders.

Although I do love the opening to Temple.

It’s last crusade and that should’ve been the last Indy movie

I dont mind that they madea fourth one, but the seed of doing it to replace Indy with his estranged son for future movies was a mistake. I could have even rolled with the aliens.

Kingdom should have never been made

Fair point. Woulda been better if they hadnt tried to make Shia Lebouf into the next Indy.

They are talking about doing another. I'm not holding my breath.

Raiders. Just watched it with my girls last night.

Fair point. Woulda been better if they hadnt tried to make Shia Lebouf into the next Indy.

They are talking about doing another. I'm not holding my breath.
Harrison Ford is way too old to pull it off now. They should have left Crusade as the final movie. That was the perfect ending.

I love Raiders, but Sean Connery gives Crusade the slight edge. I was raised on Bond films...
I never saw a Bond film until I was an adult and I've still only seen the Daniel Craig films. So I guess I don't have room to say that Last Crusade was Connery's greatest role. But it was. And I agree that its what pushes LC to the top. 100%

The other two don't compare IMO. Except I think Temple was the one where Indy reached back under the closing door to grab his hat and that was the most Indiana Jones thing he ever did.

Temple is my favorite but not the best.

Crusade is the best and has no slow parts while Raiders does slow down in parts too much.

I was probably 8 when LC came out and I didn't even remember having seen Raiders but was crazy about ToD. So Raiders wasn't my first or second experience, which is weird. LC was my favorite as a kid and then I watched them as an adult and realized Raiders is the best...LC is still my favorite.

And I'm glad Crystal Skulls exists just because it means ToD isn't the worst Indy movie

I was probably 8 when LC came out and I didn't even remember having seen Raiders but was crazy about ToD. So Raiders wasn't my first or second experience, which is weird. LC was my favorite as a kid and then I watched them as an adult and realized Raiders is the best...LC is still my favorite.

And I'm glad Crystal Skulls exists just because it means ToD isn't the worst Indy movie

Ha! I like your positive perspective on ToD’s place in the series.

Even when it was the “worst” it was still good. Can’t say as much for Crystal Skull.

Reactions: Knox-a-rue
Ha! I like your positive perspective on ToD’s place in the series.

Even when it was the “worst” it was still good. Can’t say as much for Crystal Skull.

What they went for is so ambitious and bizarre and weird, and it captured my imagination as a kid. I probably would have hated it as an adult, tho.

VN Store

Back