Next gen console power (PS5 and Xbox Series X)

Holy crap those new RTX 3000 series GPU's are going to be awesome. I hope they aren't plagued with issues like the 2000 series.

Reactions: Aesius
Well hell, at that price they should be!

It's funny, they seem to be priced really well at first glance but that's only because GPU prices went batshit crazy over the past few generations. I still think 2080 Ti performance for $500 is killer, though. The 3070 will easily last 5+ years and the 3090 is just an absurd beast of a card. 8K 60 FPS?! That thing may be viable for a decade.

Reactions: zhangliao04
Maybe it's just me, but I miss the "good ol' days of PC gaming when it was more defined by it's library of exclusives than just raw performance. I remember having games like Doom, Quake, Unreal, Hexen, MDK, Dark Forces, X-Wing VS Tie Fighter, Descent, the Wing Commander series, Mechwarrior, Duke Nukem 3D, all the amazing Sierra adventure games, all the amazing Lucas Arts adventure games, the early Elder Scrolls games, Baldur's Gate, Myst,The Ultima series, Everquest, etc. And most of these were completely exclusive to PC or were so superior to the console ports, you wouldn't dream of playing them on anything but PC.

Now, for the most part, PC is where you go to play better versions of 3rd party console games. That's not that exciting to me, honestly. I really wish there were more developers dedicated to just the PC platform. Yeah yeah, I know that Steam is flooded with indie stuff that's only on PC but I'm talking about real AAA PC exclusive development. I just wish the PC platform had more of it's own unique library of AAA must have games like PlayStation and Nintendo does.

My RTX 2080TI has been flawless but I’ll be giving it to my girlfriend and getting the RTX 3090 the 24th

I can't even fathom spending $1500 on a single GPU. That's being said, 3080 is what I will be getting. Gonna wait a little bit for them to get better at the silicon lottery. Also to see how the other brands do.

It's funny, they seem to be priced really well at first glance but that's only because GPU prices went batshit crazy over the past few generations. I still think 2080 Ti performance for $500 is killer, though. The 3070 will easily last 5+ years and the 3090 is just an absurd beast of a card. 8K 60 FPS?! That thing may be viable for a decade.

If the performance jump over Turing that Huang said is true then I'm okay with the prices. Still $100 more than they should be, but I don't think they are going to decrease from here on out. Gaming's big now and "more mainstream" which makes it easier to well at a price higher than it should be.

Anybody know yet when we can preorder a PS5 ?

I signed up for pre-order notifications from Best Buy, Gamestop, and entered directly through playstation.com (Thanks, Brave) and have not heard a peep. In fact, I get less emails from those places now than I normally do, lol.

Reactions: Cmacsmokey
Looks like both XBOX models should be available on Nov 10. One for $299, the other is $499.

Cheaper than I thought. My predictions were $600 for the series X and $350 for the series S. Still no reason, at least for me, to buy an Xbox series X/S though.

So what is the difference between the series S and X? Is it just the disk drive? The S will have the same specs as the X?

Not really. The Series S does not have a disk drive so it is streamlined for those who want to go all-digital and cloud-based gaming.
I know that but I'm talking about graphics, memory, frame rate, and etc....

I know that but I'm talking about graphics, memory, frame rate, and etc....

The cloud is going to assume a good chunk of the computational workload for the Series S. From what I know it should have pretty comparable framerates. But that along with video definition will rely on your internet speed.

VN Store

Back