Netflix

If you haven't seen "Audrie & Daisy", it's a very sad and compelling Netflix documentary about two respective cases involving the sexual assaults of teenage girls and the response of their communities (or lack thereof) to them. Particular attention is given to how the high school athletes involved are sheltered by local law enforcement. Their lives are considered more important than the lives of these girls. One of the two girls, Audrie Pott, had already committed suicide following her assault... now they both have.

The other girl, Daisy Coleman, who was just 23 years old, also committed suicide yesterday. She openly discussed being suicidal in "Audrie & Daisy" and even described how she had already attempted suicide once during her ordeal of trying to cope with what had happened to her, and the "slut shaming" by her community in a small town in Missouri (which she and her family felt forced to leave). This is an incredibly depressing story.

Reactions: SpecialKVolfan20
Umbrella Academy season 2 is up there with the best seasons Netflix of anything has ever thrown out there. Top notch.

Watched the Major Tom lead in episode last night. I like the whole show (sound track alone helps) but for whatever reason I really liked that opening.

Reactions: bignewt
If you haven't seen "Audrie & Daisy", it's a very sad and compelling Netflix documentary about two respective cases involving the sexual assaults of teenage girls and the response of their communities (or lack thereof) to them. Particular attention is given to how the high school athletes involved are sheltered by local law enforcement. Their lives are considered more important than the lives of these girls. One of the two girls, Audrie Pott, had already committed suicide following her assault... now they both have.

The other girl, Daisy Coleman, who was just 23 years old, also committed suicide yesterday. She openly discussed being suicidal in "Audrie & Daisy" and even described how she had already attempted suicide once during her ordeal of trying to cope with what had happened to her, and the "slut shaming" by her community in a small town in Missouri (which she and her family felt forced to leave). This is an incredibly depressing story.
Stuff like this gets me

Her character sucks. That's the real problem.
I think she’s had creative input on the show. She’s the top billed actor in the credits and that’s not uncommon. Her character seems to be Ellen Page with powers if that makes sense.

I think she’s had creative input on the show. She’s the top billed actor in the credits and that’s not uncommon. Her character seems to be Ellen Page with powers if that makes sense.

Haha, what?

If she has enough creative control to write anything about her character other than a line ad lib here or there, I would be totally shocked.

68 Kill

I've always thought AnnaLynne McCord was a little unappreciated but in this movie she's both hot and absolutely crazy. Actually, basically everybody is crazy save the protagonist (Criminal Minds Matthew Gubler) who goes from one WTF scenario to the next. It's dark fun for people who like stuff.

Got around to trying The WItcher, does it get better after episode 1 or nah?
Didn’t get past the first 10 minutes. Not really a fair sample...some shows take longer. Just had too many others to binge and it didn’t capture me.

I enjoyed it. But I played Witcher 3 on xbox and knew a little about the world before. The show doesn't really provide a lot of explanation for someone that never played a game or read a book.

Last edited:
Yeah it gets better. From someone that never played the games or read the book the first couple episodes are a little confusing. It time jumps/ flash backs a lot without a lot of warning, but by episode 4 or so I started to really get into it. I don't know if I started to catch on to the jumps or if it just started to settle down, but it finished strong.

I was about to mention this, when I saw your post. I’ve only watched the first 3 episodes, but thought the 3rd was much better than the first 2. I think I’ll keep watching, but must say I had a lot of doubts after the first one also.

VN Store

Back