Gaming headset

If you want some versatility, a lot of people get a set of over ear, open back headphones and add a mod mic. Build quality is usually better on non-gaming headphones, and open back headphones typically allow for better sound placement (if you care to hear which direction footsteps are coming from). plus, you get nice headphones you can use for music as well.

Drop.com has two good options that I see people use a lot: the AKG K7xx and the Sennheiser 6xx. Bith are great for music, have good build quality versus gaming sets, and are really comfortable.

If you really want to go down a rabbit hole, run over to r/headphones on reddit and you can get a million other recommendations, but the Sennheiser 6xx are crazy popular for their price/value.

Reactions: Cmacsmokey
I've had the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 for a couple of years now. No complaints. Completely wireless and does everything I want it to. $100. I've gone through a few headsets and honestly you're better off spending a little money. The $30 ones are garbage.

I have had a pair of steel series headphones for a few years now. Has great sound and microphone, and comfortable on your head. I have one that has the band for the top part of your head, so it’s not as heavy on top.

I've had the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 for a couple of years now. No complaints. Completely wireless and does everything I want it to. $100. I've gone through a few headsets and honestly you're better off spending a little money. The $30 ones are garbage.
I have this $35 headset. It works fine.

Honestly that looks like a pretty good deal. I still prefer all wireless.
Wireless is better of course. But when your playing on console, plugged into a wireless controller, I just don't see it was worth what it costs to get a good one

To be fair, my online gaming is more limited than some folks. I'll use it twice a week, tops. So my experience doesn't really speak to durability if you use one constantly.

I ended up with this one because it has the elastic band on top. I have a big ole dome, and headsets with a plastic bar over your head tend to be uncomfortable for me.

The lights don't work without a usb port to plug into, which is a negative for some. But as a budget headset, it's been good to me.

I just have a "cheap" $50 set of Turtle Beaches....they are just fine for me....but again...im not picky.

VN Store

Back