The Atlanta Braves Thread

View attachment 238223
247 predicting Gator Bowl against Michigan
Mentioned in another thread that despite Michigan being way better than us on paper, if Michigan didn't finish the season strong (suffering yet another loss to Ohio St in particular, which should happen), I think a matchup with them would be totally winnable. They'd be heading into the bowl 0-5 with Harbaugh against the Buckeyes, they're already out of Big Ten contention, and Harbaugh hot seat talk would ramp up again. Florida destroyed them in the Peach Bowl last year under similar circumstances as an underdog. I don't think Michigan was the least bit interested in that game after having been disemboweled by Ohio St in the season finale to ruin their Big Ten/CFP chances.

Michigan would be heavily favored, but I think we'd have more than just a puncher's chance.

Mentioned in another thread that despite Michigan being way better than us on paper, if Michigan didn't finish the season strong (suffering yet another loss to Ohio St in particular, which should happen), I think a matchup with them would be totally winnable. They'd be heading into the bowl 0-5 with Harbaugh against the Buckeyes, they're already out of Big Ten contention, and Harbaugh hot seat talk would ramp up again. Florida destroyed them in the Peach Bowl last year under similar circumstances as an underdog. I don't think Michigan was the least bit interested in that game after having been disemboweled by Ohio St in the season finale to ruin their Big Ten/CFP chances.

Michigan would be heavily favored, but I think we'd have more than just a puncher's chance.

Sure, they'd be favored because they are Michigan, but their most impressive win is ND. ND hasn't beaten anyone this season either.

Reactions: AV_12

VN Store

Back