2019 NFL Offseason Thread

I thought they might take Rosen off the Cardinals' hands. Maybe Giants are the destination.

I'm really interested to see what happens with Rosen. I have no idea if he will be good or not. He had moments of brilliance but mostly failure. It's hard to judge him when they changed his OC halfway through the season and he had the worst supporting cast in the entire league.
Jewish kid in NYC would be a hit -- would not give up the 1st round picks though

This one couldn’t stay healthy. The one I think you’re referencing hasn’t missed a game since that injury cost a season...about 5 Super Bowls ago.
I know --- but for the sake of all the fans of other NFL teams wish it was him

Bill Simmons did a solid 10 minutes on Gronk yesterday on his pod. The Gronk clan bit by Russilo was great radio

Bill Simmons did a solid 10 minutes on Gronk yesterday on his pod. The Gronk clan bit by Russilo was great radio

Another good convo from this same show...

The NFL (and NBA) should make a loyalty-based salary cap discount for re-signing free agents. You would get 5% (or whatever) off the cap hit for every year of tenure the player has with you. So if your QB comes off his rookie contract and the market for him is $20M per year, you would only take a $16M hit. Every other team would take the full $20M hit. This would allow the hometown an advantage in FA and would result in better pay for players. So you would maybe keep him for $22M and take less than an $18M hit.

Another good convo from this same show...

The NFL (and NBA) should make a loyalty-based salary cap discount for re-signing free agents. You would get 5% (or whatever) off the cap hit for every year of tenure the player has with you. So if your QB comes off his rookie contract and the market for him is $20M per year, you would only take a $16M hit. Every other team would take the full $20M hit. This would allow the hometown an advantage in FA and would result in better pay for players. So you would maybe keep him for $22M and take less than an $18M hit.
That makes too much sense to pass.

Reactions: Knox-a-rue

VN Store

Back