BTO’s Vanderbilt postgame report

So despite four games where Tennessee either played well or dominated Turner wasn’t an issue at all and now all of a sudden Tennessee has one bad offensive game (vs Alabama, again offensively was solid with 1.14 PPP) and Turner is a chemistry problem? Again it’s illogical.

Nobody is agreeing with you while multiple have said your are wrong in this thread. Sounds like you’re looking for something that isn’t there

TN jumps out to a 15-2 lead to start the game. Guess when Turner entered the game. When TN had a 15-2 lead.

Only disagree with #1. This isn't football. W/Ls isn't everything, it's all about the process and margins. Outside of being a 1 seed, HOW you win and lose is everything. Though progress is tops.

Certain gyms have a different feel for the shooters, until you get used to it. The basket can look smaller (further away) or bigger with a different background than what the shooter normally sees. Candyland has a very different feel to it from the shooter's viewpoint and is a tough place to shoot, unless you have been there a bit.

As to the rebounds, I see too much of the team turning to go to defense and do not charge the basket looking for the Offensive Rebound. We were charging the basket in the beginning of the season.

JMHO

Y'all a triggered mob of snowflakes. As usual a certain obnoxious poster jumps in accuses me of changing my opinion when it's challenged and I have to elaborate for those that are offended and don't understand.

Did I say that Turner sucks? Did I say that he's a cancer? Did I say to sit his butt down? I don't think so. I said that the CHEMISTRY is effed up. Then the mod zjc goes after me with his snarky tone as he has many times before.

I'll stand by my opinion based on my observation. ZJC argues that I'm wrong because of various stats and then discounts a fact from tonight's game. Turner did enter when the score was 15-2.

This team has had the same combinations for months without Turner. Now Turner is thrown into the mix taking around 30 of 200 minutes. Did I say that his minutes need to be reduced? I suggested that it might be deliberate by Barnes in order to get everybody accustomed to the mix well before the post season.

Here's a related observation. The rotation has gone from having 3 guys playing important minutes in 2 spots to now having 4 sharing 2 spots. However, when it was Bowden, Schofield, and Pons it was pretty clear that Pons would sit down except in certain situations (defensive matchups). So now who will sit? Bone and Williams have to be on the floor and probably Kyle as well. So Bowden plus Admiral plus Turner can't all be out there. Admiral is a senior team leader and now he has to sit. Unless Bowden sits, but he's been a key contributor. So going back to my original comment that constricted some jimmies, adding Turner to the mix is effing up the chemistry or putting it more politely it's being disruptive to the chemistry.

So what should happen next? I didn't say to sit Turner. I pointed out that the chemistry is disrupted. So they'll work through it. Big damn deal. It's January.

Funny that one of the posters that has a history of escalating has posted many times that it's bad (disruptive) if the rotation is too long. So we had 6 regulars, 2 role players, and one other slowly working into a 9 man rotation. Now we have 7 or 8 regulars with occasional minutes by Walker and JJ now relegated to garbage time. A DIFFERENT 9 man rotation.

Now, which of the 3 highly offended posters is going to jump on this post first and try to escalate an argument over MY OPINION?

*Says we're triggered but goes on to write 8 paragraphs. Sounds about right.

Would you be less offended if I had stopped at 7... like in the OP?

BTW, you ain't one of the 3 amigos. But if you learn the secret handshake maybe they'll find a spot for you and make it a foursome.

Last edited:
So, getting back to more brilliant observations... The refs added 1.3 seconds to the 2.0 at the end of regulation for a total of 3.3 seconds. The reason given was because the clock stopped at around 30 seconds when my man Lamonte Turner deflected the ball into the backcourt. But since the clock stopped, shouldn't they have SUBTRACTED some time instead of ADDING some time? Or was the real reason due to when Grant asked for the TO? I could split this up into a couple of paragraphs but I don't care to offend any fellow posters.

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
You know who didn't get into the game at all? Your boy Jalen Johnson. Also your boy Fulkerson came in and screwed up the chemistry by picking up two quick fouls. Want to go into detail with that.

I don't think that Fulk "disrupts" the chemistry at all. When he enters games he brings instant energy. Actually he's able to "disrupt" opponents passing lanes. He also only logs a few minutes and it doesn't appear that it upsets him in the least to be a role player. He often enters briefly when Kyle needs a rest but they don't care to go small. That can be quite different than when LT enters alongside Bone. That puts the 2 smallest regulars on the floor at the same time... but that's really a matchup issue rather than chemistry.

Does that help or did you just want argue while bashing Fulk and JJ?

Reactions: LibertyVol
Not singling you out, but people said this at the beginning of the year and Admiral started hitting 3’s at like a 50% clip. He needs to keep going from outside.

I wouldn’t worry so much about Admiral. Remember it wasn’t so long ago Williams fouled out with only 4 points. It happens. No one is going to play well all the time. I don’t expect TN to run the table either but as long as they keep working it will take care of itself. I don’t think we’re a number 1 team right now but that’s the way the cards fell and the players deserve all they can get for the work they’ve put in. Now they know beyond a shadow of a doubt what lies ahead. It’s up to them to work even harder if they choose to be champions. Whether they achieve that goal or not, who knows? I know I’m sure enjoying the ride with the exception of a little excelerated heart rate from time to time. GO VOLS!!!

Most of Vandy's points came right under the basket. Not good d at all. I realize they got several 3 pointers but we gave up entirely too many layups !!!! Bad d for the #1 team in the country. Hope maybe just one of those bad games. We will find out how good we really are before long.

VN Store

Back