Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know where we can find pitches per AB?

I think that one is key for a leadoff. Especially when ob% is close amongst choices
Fangraphs probably has that stat somewhere in there. The site is top notch for stats.

Bass is way wrong here btw

So after a brief moment to calm my nerves...

Vanderbilt shot 50% from the field, UT shot 46.6%.
Vanderbilt shot 47.6% from the 3, UT shot 25%
Vanderbilt shot 61.9% from FT, UT shot 91.6%

Rebounds, Assist, Steals, etc. all close...what this game came down to was when it was crunch time Barnes & Grant forcing the issue and getting inside. Admiral shot 9 FGs, and 6 were misses from 3. He had a really bad game, and for some reason kept jacking up 3s, to be fair quite a few weren't bad shots and had some just rim out somehow. But he's far too talented to settle for those shots when he's bigger than his defender in most cases.

I think Pons has lost his starting spot...he's already a liability on the offensive side since he doesn't seem to want to shoot and hasn't shown the ability to take anyone off the dribble. But lately he's looked lost on defense too. I figure Bowden should be starting and Turner/Pons/Fulkie can come off the bench. I really wish JJ and Walker could earn minutes, but I guess they're just not producing in practice.
I agree with everything but Pons is still better than Fulkerson. fulk is just a foul machine on defense and worse than Pons on offense.

Reactions: Vols4us
Aight fellers. I made it back to Memphis and finally got snuggled into bed.

We ended up eating at Prince's and it burned us up and was awesome. We got hot and should have probably gone mild. What a fantastic mistake. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

The game was just phenomenal. Grant. I mean damn. What a performance. What a rollercoaster of emotions. Vandy thought they had us. But they couldn't close us out. Lol. Gotta bring it for a full 45 minutes against #1.

I gave my all and lost my voice in the process and made some great memories with my dad. I'm so proud of this team.

Go big orange forever

lol at Vol Twitter and their love affair with Dan Wolken. 🤣
View attachment 190892

I just love that every time Wolken starts something, someone ALWAYS posts the smiley face emoji from his text exchange with Currie. I will always chuckle, and then mutter, “Drag him.”

Aged well
Lol, it didn't age well but while your at it why don't you go bump my post from earlier where I posted I was extremely worried about the game and everyone responded that we'd easily handle Vandy?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back