Jalen Hurd will be a SUPERSTAR in the NFL

He ran a 4.53. Pretty quick for 6'5'' and 231

Jalen measured in at 6'4 3/4" and 227 lbs at the senior bowl. Nearly identical to Mike Evans measurements.

The Baylor coaches have been saying they laser timed Hurd in the high 4.4s in the 40-yard dash. If he comes anywhere close to that time at the combine, he will be getting talked about as a 1st round pick.

6'5" 230 lbs WRs that are running in the 4.4s don't come along often.

Once again, Conners stats took a dip after that ankle injury in Week 13. Before that he was on pace to beat all of Le'Veon's season highs. Or at least that is what ESPN keep saying.

You're talking about a game and a fraction of a game. If you take out those two games, he averaged 118 ypg and 4.6 ypc. Neither is very close to Leveon Bell's best.

Conner is good enough that you don't gotta lie about stuff to prove your point.

You're talking about a game and a fraction of a game. If you take out those two games, he averaged 118 ypg and 4.6 ypc. Neither is very close to Leveon Bell's best.

Conner is good enough that you don't gotta lie about stuff to prove your point.

2 games? He essentially missed the last month of the season. That's 4 games not 2.

Tell me what were his season averages going into the Chargers game. Then extrapolate from that point to the end of the season.

2 games? He essentially missed the last month of the season. That's 4 games not 2.

Tell me what were his season averages going into the Chargers game. Then extrapolate from that point to the end of the season.

Yards per game and yards per carry and td's per game are averages that don't require extrapolation when compared to other averages. Are you ****ing with me?

Yards per game and yards per carry and td's per game are averages that don't require extrapolation when compared to other averages. Are you ****ing with me?

I was talking about extrapolating Conner's averages from before the Chargers game to calculate his raw totals over a 16 game season. I forgot you were just comparing their averages. I was thinking about the stats I was seeing on ESPN which were tracking the totals rather than the averages.

You do know the NFL typically tracks season long totals not averages like in the NBA. So that is where my mindset was at.

I finally got around to watching Hurd's Baylor tape from this past season. I was impressed with him the few times I saw him on TV but all I gotta say after doing a more through review is WOW!!! Jalen Hurd looked so good this year at WR that its almost unbelievable to think he used to be a RB. This guy is so insanely talented. Losing that extra weight really improved his explosiveness. He was always quick for his size, now he's insanely quick even for a receiver. I can't wait to see what he does at the senior bowl and combine. I have a feelings he puts on a show. Jalen Hurd is a freak athlete and should test extremely well.

Just wanted to say this before the hype train starts on him in the lead-up to the 2019 NFL Draft.
Test well, yes......Superstar? Hell no!
You’re way off on this one. Like several others.

Last edited:
He was on pace to shatter all of Le'Veon Bell's career highs this season before that ankle injury against the Chargers late in the season.

If you considered Le'Veon Bell a superstar at any point in his career then James Conner is as well.

That's dumb as hell. Aside from the fact that Bell is very obviously better to anyone with eyes, 909 yards rushing and 467 receiving in 12 games isn't shattering anything. Bell had 1268 rushing and 616 receiving in 12 games just two years ago.

That's dumb as hell. Aside from the fact that Bell is very obviously better to anyone with eyes, 909 yards rushing and 467 receiving in 12 games isn't shattering anything. Bell had 1268 rushing and 616 receiving in 12 games just two years ago.
SHATTERED! lol .. Conner is a very good back. That's not a question but a guy who claims to not use stats tries to use the crap out of them to make a point t the level of spinning off BSPN who has been proven wrong MANY times in the past

Conner is more talented than Bell and will prove it going forward.

SHATTERED! lol .. Conner is a very good back. That's not a question but a guy who claims to not use stats tries to use the crap out of them to make a point t the level of spinning off BSPN who has been proven wrong MANY times in the past

I don't care about stats but I know fools like you do. That is why when the stats agree with my eye test, you best believe I'll use them.

Actually he's already burned that bridge, at least if he's to be taken at his word.

If we're taking him "at his word", he claimed he'd never try to evaluate anyone ever again if Dobbs didn't accomplish what he said he would.

Conner is more talented than Bell and will prove it going forward.

This might be the worst thing you’ve ever said. There is already a ton of tape of Bell being the best back in the league and plenty of tape of Conner being nowhere close to that.

This might be the dumbest thing you’ve ever said, and that’s saying a lot. There is already a ton of tape of Bell being the best back in the league and plenty of tape of Conner being nowhere close to that.
Oh, now. Re-read some stuff.;) It's definitely top 10 though.

This might be the worst thing you’ve ever said. There is already a ton of tape of Bell being the best back in the league and plenty of tape of Conner being nowhere close to that.

Not anymore. Le'Veon benefitted from the fact the RB position has been very weak the last few years. That's what made him look better than he really was. Now with the likes of Saquon Barkley in the league, Le'Veon is no longer the best RB in the league (or even close to it).

The best RBs in the NFL are now:

1. Saquon Barkley (Giants)
2. Alvin Kamara (Saints)
3. Todd Gurley (Rams)
4. Ezekiel Elliott (Cowboys)
5. James Conner (Steelers)

Reactions: 508mikey
Not anymore. Le'Veon benefitted from the fact the RB position has been very weak the last few years. That's what made him look better than he really was. Now with the likes of Saquon Barkley in the league, Le'Veon is no longer the best RB in the league (or even close to it).

2. Alvin Kamara (Saints)
3. Todd Gurley (Rams)

Thanks, it makes perfect sense that Adrian Peterson’s decline is what allowed Bell to play at a 2,512-yard (NFL record) pace. I had forgotten that other RBs play defense and “make” him get 150 yards a game.

Conner is a good power back, a slightly better Jordan Howard. That’s it. Melvin Gordon, Joe Mixon, Christian McCaffrey and (especially) David Johnson are all much better than Conner ever will be. Comparing him to Bell is like comparing Derrick Henry to prime Adrian Peterson. It’s not a good look for you.

Thanks, it makes perfect sense that Adrian Peterson’s decline is what allowed Bell to play at a 2,512-yard (NFL record) pace. I had forgotten that other RBs play defense and “make” him get 150 yards a game.

Conner is a good power back, a slightly better Jordan Howard. That’s it. Melvin Gordon, Joe Mixon, Christian McCaffrey and (especially) David Johnson are all much better than Conner ever will be. Comparing him to Bell is like comparing Derrick Henry to prime Adrian Peterson. It’s not a good look for you.

That's the only name you mentioned that I will agree with. I will amend my list and put Mixon ahead of Conner. But that's it.

The good thing about this argument is James Conner has a lot of time to prove you wrong. Mark my words. When its all said and done he will leave a much greater legacy in the NFL than Le'Veon Bell.

I don't care about stats but I know fools like you do. That is why when the stats agree with my eye test, you best believe I'll use them.
Right right right ... but in this case, they don't line up with your "eye test" which has the same validity as Stevie Wonder judging museum pieces. And please resist the use of name calling. I don't do it to you, have enough class to return the favor.

Reactions: feathersax

2. Alvin Kamara (Saints)
3. Todd Gurley (Rams)
Well, AK isn't a true RB in the league so can't put him that high on the list. And you can flip a coin between Barkley and Gurley at this point .. Both had incredible years rushing and receiving, both racked up quite a few TDs for their team.

Well, AK isn't a true RB in the league so can't put him that high on the list. And you can flip a coin between Barkley and Gurley at this point .. Both had incredible years rushing and receiving, both racked up quite a few TDs for their team.

?

He is a multi-tool player. He hasn't had to carry the load as a full-time RB over the course of a season since HS .. hell, even 1/3 of a season. I am talking true backs that can average 18-20 carries per game and still pull the 4 plus YPC; a RB that can pop between the tackles 10-15 of those plays. That's not AK. As great as he is, if we were still in the recruiting spectrum, he would be an APB not an RB.

He is a multi-tool player. He hasn't had to carry the load as a full-time RB over the course of a season since HS .. hell, even 1/3 of a season. I am talking true backs that can average 18-20 carries per game and still pull the 4 plus YPC; a RB that can pop between the tackles 10-15 of those plays. That's not AK. As great as he is, if we were still in the recruiting spectrum, he would be an APB not an RB.

AK is an every down back, which to me is a true RB. He's great between the tackles, he's great off tackle, he's great in pass protection, and he's great at as a receiving threat. We probably have a different idea of what a true RB is, I guess, but you're talking about 288-320 carries per year. Only one guy did 288 and nobody did 320.

Johnson was a 1 yr wonder. He's OK

Reactions: Dobbs 4 Heisman
Johnson was a 1 yr wonder. He's OK

The rest of the Cardinals O is so bad, but Conner can be at least as good as DJ. Arizona had one 600-yard WR and zero 800-yard WR's. All the D's did was key on Johnson and AZ doesn't have a good line. The back up RB had 60 carries for 208 yards (3.5 YPC).

VN Store

Back