Which Women's Coaches Would Jump

Hahahaha, you must be joking! I will have to go back and look up Stanley's record against Pat who was going into signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's! Heck even Staley for now has only a 4-4 record against our terrible coach. If Staley left South Caclackey goes back to irrelevancy!

I came to encourage you guys but I guess your minds has been made up. No reason to try to drag SC down because your current misfortunes. Dawn isn’t leaving so I guess we’ll have to see how bad she does against you guys next coach lol. Good luck against ND I guess.....

I came to encourage you guys but I guess your minds has been made up. No reason to try to drag SC down because your current misfortunes. Dawn isn’t leaving so I guess we’ll have to see how bad she does against you guys next coach lol. Good luck against ND I guess.....

Same to you against UCONN 😁 (no “I guess “though .... I actually hope you guys can finally beat Geno).

Reactions: SCspur
Same to you against UCONN 😁 (no “I guess “though .... I actually hope you guys can finally beat Geno).

Thanks! You know I have always rooted for UT except when you all play us. But I guess your fans thought I was downing them instead of trying to encourage I guess. I started watching women’s basketball because of Pat Summitt so to see what’s going on with the program is a sad thing to see. I really do hope you guys get it back on track though or if y’all decide to fire holly then kudos to y’all as well. Still looking forward playing you all no matter what the record is! Interested to see how Cooper does against her former teammates.

Just throwing this out there since few if any have mentioned a credible replacement so don't bash me too badly. Maybe the answer is sitting right on coach Rick Barnes' bench. Offer it to Michael Schwartz. He seems to be given alot of credit for the developement of the players on the team. I don't know what his salary is but I would think it's comparable to what Holly is making, so they could get him without breaking the bank. Also, with his close ties to coach Barnes, maybe he could get some more assistance from CRB's staff than has already been given this year. Just a new name for people to shoot down. Let it rip!

Personal Choices:
1) Kelly Graves (Oregon HC)
2) Jeff Walz (Louisville HC)
3) Niele Ivey (Notre Dame AC)
4) Beth Cunningham (Notre Dame AC)
5) Toyelle Wilson (Baylor AC)
6) Kate Paye (Stanford AC)
7) Carolyn Kieger (Marquette HC)
8) Lisa Bluder (Iowa HC)
9) Lynne Roberts (Utah HC)
10) Kara Lawson

Your area the one that tried to drag UT down and Summit and prop Staley up with what you posted! So again what was her record against UT and Pat? You are the one that opened your mouth up and I also support my friends but when they suck at something I also let them know and keep it real! Holly is a terrible coach, been proven in the 7 years coaching the program and dragging it to new lows, so Staley might be friends with Holly and that's great, but Staley doesn't want to see a top notch UT program because it would hurt her program, I mean UT already outrecruitinf USC with a terrible coach on the bench, just imagine what Staley looks like having to fight Ms State and UT every year for top stories in SEC!

Last edited:
If I were an opposing coach, I would want Holly to stay at Tennessee too.

Exactly. The last thing Dawn Staley or any other coaches for that matter want to see on Tennessee's sidelines is a Wes Moore type of coach that doesn't need 5 or 6 McDonald's AA's up and down his roster to compete. Their jobs would be considerably more difficult the day he or someone like him steps foot on campus.

Thanks for the encouragement. We're all hurting here, but we don't all (obviously) cope with it in the same way. I thought what Dawn did was admirable, and I imagine the Lady Vol players very much appreciated it. After all, the main people I worry the most about in ALL of this is the players, both present and past. The Lady Vol Legacy is THEIRS, not ours as fans, so if it helps THEM to see a respected figure in women's basketball give them support on Twitter, then that makes me happy.

I guess we'll all just have to wait and see if there's ever a point at which the powers that be and their supporters will see that there are shortcomings that need to be addressed. Until then, we may as well all just sit back and hope for the best.

I'm pulling for the Lady Vols to turn it around. I have come to realize that the Lady Vols players themselves -- both present, former and future -- are the ONLY ones who can do anything about any of this. We are wasting our time on message boards. It's up to THEM. In groups or as individuals, and either publicly or privately, they'll either speak up in support of the staff, or they'll ask for a change.

I'm now convinced that's all there is to it.

In all fairness spur, you came across as condescending and belittling. Anyone who follows women’s basketball knows SC did not beat TN until Pat was seriously ill with Alzheimers. I will admit his response was not very polite, but your post was either rude or ill informed. As such, I must seriously question your statement, “I came to encourage you guys....”.

And those on here who know me know how much I love South Carolina, the university and especially the state.

In all fairness spur, you came across as condescending and belittling. Anyone who follows women’s basketball knows SC did not beat TN until Pat was seriously ill with Alzheimers. I will admit his response was not very polite, but your post was either rude or ill informed. As such, I must seriously question your statement, “I came to encourage you guys....”.

And those on here who know me know how much I love South Carolina, the university and especially the state.

I sincerely apologize if I came off rude or condescending as that was not my intention. I had seen a couple posters stating that Dawn would come over to coach at UT and I just wanted to assure them that Dawn supports her friend and wouldn’t do anything to hurt her is all. My second post may have hit a little low so I do apologize about that. I’m certainly rooting for you all to get back on track with Holly or another coach! SC and MS St can’t be the only teams to represent the SEC so I hope everything gets turned around for you all soon.

Hahahaha, you must be joking! I will have to go back and look up Stanley's record against Pat who was going into signs and symptoms of Alzheimer's! Heck even Staley for now has only a 4-4 record against our terrible coach. If Staley left South Caclackey goes back to irrelevancy!

Staley only beat Pat once, in Pat's last year after her diagnosis. It was at home, and unfortunately I was there. We beat them in the SECT semifinals later on, though. Staley never beat Pat at Temple or SC before then, though. And she didn't beat Holly until Holly's third season.

Personal Choices:
1) Kelly Graves (Oregon HC)
2) Jeff Walz (Louisville HC)
3) Niele Ivey (Notre Dame AC)
4) Beth Cunningham (Notre Dame AC)
5) Toyelle Wilson (Baylor AC)
6) Kate Paye (Stanford AC)
7) Carolyn Kieger (Marquette HC)
8) Lisa Bluder (Iowa HC)
9) Lynne Roberts (Utah HC)
10) Kara Lawson

Far too many unknown or underqualified people on this list. You lose me after the top 3, and admittedly Niele Ivey is an unknown.

...and you don't necessarily know that Dailey wouldn't be another Warlick anyway. There should be a cautionary tale in here somewhere about hiring a 30 year assistant to a legend. You really don't have any idea what you're getting... and as for Ralph??? Puke... just freaking puke.

Agree with another poster’s view about Daily retiring with Geno. Plus with the departure of Mosely and not replacing her with a more substantial assistant it’s starting to look like Shea Ralph May be the first look as Geno’s replacement. I read another quote where Geno said Shea Ralph was a perfectionist who was more intense than him

Agree with another poster’s view about Daily retiring with Geno. Plus with the departure of Mosely and not replacing her with a more substantial assistant it’s starting to look like Shea Ralph May be the first look as Geno’s replacement. I read another quote where Geno said Shea Ralph was a perfectionist who was more intense than him
Unless they are able to get into either the Big Ten or the ACC (which is unlikely), that program will slowly fade away after Geno retires... just as their men's program has.

Unless they are able to get into either the Big Ten or the ACC (which is unlikely), that program will slowly fade away after Geno retires... just as their men's program has.
That would depend on who they hire as coach. Don't forget it will be a lot easier for that coach to come in and win in the AAC than for other coaches in these power 5 conferences.

Reactions: PointGuard
How about Tyler?
You’re joking right? Like the poster who suggested Pokey. He and Pokey won’t be coaching WCBB. You can’t have your sexual way with players under you

Edit:

No pun intened

Plus Tyler was under .500 at Marquette with DeMoss at his right side propping him up

Last edited:
That would depend on who they hire as coach. Don't forget it will be a lot easier for that coach to come in and win in the AAC than for other coaches in these power 5 conferences.
Nobody watches those games... Nobody cares. Their exposure will erode. It doesn't depend on who they hire either. Show me a women's basketball program who lost a legendary coach and didn't take a dive over it. Over time, every program takes on the identity of their league. UConn is a mid-major team with the best coach ever... they will eventually just take the shape of a mid-major team.

Carolyn Peck should be the next coach plus i think she would help with recruiting

I sincerely apologize if I came off rude or condescending as that was not my intention. I had seen a couple posters stating that Dawn would come over to coach at UT and I just wanted to assure them that Dawn supports her friend and wouldn’t do anything to hurt her is all. My second post may have hit a little low so I do apologize about that. I’m certainly rooting for you all to get back on track with Holly or another coach! SC and MS St can’t be the only teams to represent the SEC so I hope everything gets turned around for you all soon.
"ALL EXCEPTED" Spur...thanks for your prowess...but [STILL] us LV fans are tired of bailing water from a sinking ship...LVFL 🤘

Reactions: mcannon1 and SCspur
Staley only beat Pat once, in Pat's last year after her diagnosis. It was at home, and unfortunately I was there. We beat them in the SECT semifinals later on, though. Staley never beat Pat at Temple or SC before then, though. And she didn't beat Holly until Holly's third season.
You are making this a "Pat vs Staley" ? This was about, would Staley replace Warlick, to which the answer is a resounding "NO" ! This job was THE cream of the crop" years ago. Now it is just another top job...along with many others. Tennessee can get a top level coach with the exception of about 10. Tennessee is going to have to offer way MORE than a coach is getting now and that would be a problem because some those coaches are well compensated and their programs are on solid footing. If Holly makes a run to the Final Four (and the talent is there to do that) then this conversation will be moot....unless Fulmer acts before the end of the season. I would expect Fulmer to focus on an up and coming young coach...if he's smart.

VN Store

Back