Tennessee all time starting 5

My list would look like that, however; I didn't follow Ray Meyers era. I was a pre-teen during that time. So, I would have chosen Pearl or Barnes, because I never saw Meyers coach.

Ray Meyer coached at DePaul. Ray Mears had to step away from UT when he had the program flying high. He could gave coached another 20 years as he was only about 50 years old when he quit coaching.

The only one you might have an argument with is Lofton. But I don’t know you would replace him with. Maybe CJ.
Are you kidding ? Lofton is very arguably the greatest shooter in NCAA history especially considering his senior year he was battling cancer treatments. Nothing against CJ

Who would the next 5 be off the bench. Would think guys like Tobias, Jarnell, Josh Richardson would have spots.
I don’t think you can include Stokes Harris. They just didn’t play enough. Tony white, Ron slay, and Vincent Yarbrough have to be in the next 5

I think you have to play at least 3 years to qualify for being an all-time great. Having said that here is my list:
1st Team (regardless of position):
Houston-Lofton-Grunfeld-King-Ellis
2nd Team:
White-Slay-Yarbrough-G.Williams-R.Johnson
Williams would take Allan Houston’s spot if he stays another year. Houston shot every time he touched it. Lang Wiseman could’ve scored 2,000 if he’d taken that many shots Pretty sure Justus-Boerwinkle-England-Cj Watson-M.Jackson-Cj Black- Hamer-Josh Richardson-Schofield-Stokes-Nix all deserve arguments

Check this out and let us know what you think.

Thanks. BK brought his A-game every time he hit the court. He suffered one heckuva knee injury so severe that many thought his career was over. The Knicks did and I had always wanted them to win a title with him there. It took a while but he came back in a remarkable way. One helluva man off the court also. Got blamed for more than he actually did by KPD while in Knoxville and battled the bottle. Always at the top as NBA scoring leader and won it more than once I'm sure. The GOAT in UT bball, IMHO.

Reactions: VOLnMiami
Greatest true centers (haven’t had many)
Have to be one of these guys
Steve Hamer or Cj Black have my vote but Boerwinkle- Chism-
Kyle Alexander- should get some votes

I saw Boerwinkle play. He was a big, big man. He had some bulk as well as height. A friend of mine played at that time and said the big show was watching Stu Aberdeen guard him with a broom in practice. For that time period, he was a really good big man. Unlike the big men that came later, not a lot of range shown in college, but was not called on to do that either. Mears would have choked him if he got far from the basket. I was surprised but pleased with his NBA career.
I heard about Boerwinkle once chasing Stu off the floor during practice because Aberdeen bopped Tom upside the head one too many times with that broom.

Reactions: Maxwell
No...Not even close...He might be a sixth man on that team MAYBE but he is far from the greatest player to wear orange...Love him to death but no....That starting 5 would almost be unbeatable...I would put them up against any starting 5 Kentucky could round up.
King was and still a all time GREAT in the SEC he would be in the all time SEC starting line up, he was on his way of becoming a all time great in the NBA before he tore up his knee, King didn't have a off night he brought it every time he took on the court i seen him in person play by far the best to every take the court at TENNESSEE.

VN Store

Back