NFC & AFC Championship Game Thread 1/20

My post wasn't even about the Pats. I was ribbing VSF for "really really really pointing" out the Pats are good.

Did you come up with better examples than the AFC North and South yet?

NFC North before Mike Zimmer got hired during Rodgers run is actually probably the better point.

I can still list 15-18 better reasons why the Pats dynasty has happened before listing their division as a reason.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
NFC North before Mike Zimmer got hired during Rodgers run is actually probably the better point.

I can still list 15-18 better reasons why the Pats dynasty has happened before listing their division as a reason.

So a 7 year window in which the Packers won a SB and went to the playoffs 6 straight years with an easy division helps you make what point exactly? It's one of, if not the best, runs the Packers have had in my life. I feel like this confirms the idea that a bad division helps a lot.

My post wasn't even about the Pats. I was ribbing VSF for "really really pointing" out the Pats are good.

Did you come up with better examples than the AFC North and South yet?

WP_1.jpg

I mean, he’s right. The Pats weak division has played a huge role in their dynasty. Idk why that’s so hard for some of you to admit?

It’s actually one of the most basic components of their sustained success.

Disagreement over how much impact it has is expected, but it's clearly a significant factor in setting up HFA/byes in the playoffs when it's over 1/3 of your games and division winners get preferential treatment.

West coast teams have a very difficult time playing the early game on Sunday morning. The Chargers earned a better record (12-4) but they had to travel in the wild card round and then to New England. What do you know...the Pats kicked their teeth in during the first half. The 11-5 team should be playing in the wild card round. The 11-5 team should be on the road in the divisional round. The Patriots are great, but do they beat the Ravens, then the Chargers on the road, then the Chiefs? How does that Chargers game go if the Chargers had 2 weeks to game plan for the Pats and they play at home at a normal hour? Who the **** knows, but if you think it doesn't make a significant difference, IDK what to tell you.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back