Bird Box on Netflix

Coug

220px-Bird_Box_%28film%29.png

If you haven't seen the Netflix film stop reading here.

I just watched this and really enjoyed it and needed to discuss it without having to use spoiler tags everywhere.

I have mixed feelings about never actually seeing the creature. Having said that though and seeing what they intended the creature to look like I'm glad they didn't use it.
I had a few theories on what the creatures could be but personally narrowed it down to two. I think they were either angels or demons. What disorder was Sandra Bullock's character suffering from? She didn't want to accept her child before birth and then couldn't even give either of them a name. There was something broken about her which leads me to believe she probably could have viewed the creatures and survived but this scenario never played out. One big inconsistency I have to point out is the creatures never directly spoke to people until they looked at them but towards the end of the film they were verbally taunting her and the kids even though they never removed their blindfolds, why?

Here is what they intended the creature to look like but was ultimately cut:

_d42ceca8-13c5-11e9-a284-061f95944840.jpg

I think her not accepting her children (and really, the whole movie) is a commentary about how scary and daunting parenthood can be in a dangerous world. But she realizes at the end in naming her kids that you can’t just withhold love out of fear you’ll lose them. At least that was my interpretation

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Incredibly stupid movie.

Basically a rip off of The Happening, which wasn’t all that good either. I wish I had a blindfold so I didn’t have to watch it.

Reactions: BadJerry20 and VFFL
What made Malorie and Olympia go into labor at the exact same time? One assumption would be that Gary somehow caused them to go into labor just by being in the same house because he was "infected". It could loosely be argued that they both got pregnant close to the same time so it makes some sense that they both went into labor at the same time(not really, as the odds of that are astronomical).

Incredibly stupid movie.

Basically a rip off of The Happening, which wasn’t all that good either. I wish I had a blindfold so I didn’t have to watch it.
This was basically what I thought, I was surprised someone would make a film with such a similarly bad premise. The Happening was stupid, but it was at least maybe sort of plausible that nature could induce something like that. But once you figure out it’s “spirits” or whatever I was done. I think we made it about 30 minutes before bailing and switching to Narcos Mexico. Much better choice.

This was basically what I thought, I was surprised someone would make a film with such a similarly bad premise. The Happening was stupid, but it was at least maybe sort of plausible that nature could induce something like that. But once you figure out it’s “spirits” or whatever I was done. I think we made it about 30 minutes before bailing and switching to Narcos Mexico. Much better choice.

Narcos Mexico is very good but Bird Box was entertaining also if you don't have ridiculous standards and take it for what it is.

Narcos Mexico is very good but Bird Box was entertaining also if you don't have ridiculous standards and take it for what it is.

Lol, you can say that about almost anything. And what are you considering "ridiculous standards"?

Lol, you can say that about almost anything. And what are you considering "ridiculous standards"?
I guess i would ask when you sat down to watch Bird Box...what did you expect? I expected a stupid fun little movie that the suspension of disbelief would be a big player and it was exactly that. Did you expect The Shining or Children of Men?

I guess i would ask when you sat down to watch Bird Box...what did you expect? I expected a stupid fun little movie that the suspension of disbelief would be a big player and it was exactly that. Did you expect The Shining or Children of Men?

What if you expected a good movie and you felt like it didn't deliver? You can go into a movie/tv show/etc. and have low expectations and it still doesn't deliever. It doesn't mean your standards were too high.

What if you expected a good movie and you felt like it didn't deliver? You can go into a movie/tv show/etc. and have low expectations and it still doesn't deliever. It doesn't mean your standards were too high.

Your's were higher than mine.

#1 opinions are opinions. What you find good entertainment I may not, and vice versa. Neither of us is wrong because ultimately it’s your time to spend and if you like it that’s great.
#2 we watched because so many people told us how good it was. It was not sold as a silly movie like sharknado or something. I didn’t find the premise interesting, the same way I didn’t think The Happening was good either.

#1 opinions are opinions. What you find good entertainment I may not, and vice versa. Neither of us is wrong because ultimately it’s your time to spend and if you like it that’s great.
#2 we watched because so many people told us how good it was. It was not sold as a silly movie like sharknado or something. I didn’t find the premise interesting, the same way I didn’t think The Happening was good either.

different strokes for different folks. how was it sold to you? just that it was a great movie or that it was like the happening? because it was sold to me as something different and I think going in with different expectations greatly influences what you get out of it.

different strokes for different folks. how was it sold to you? just that it was a great movie or that it was like the happening? because it was sold to me as something different and I think going in with different expectations greatly influences what you get out of it.
Nobody mentioned the happening to me. The similarities were obvious. In fact, I didn’t know anything about Birdbox. We had friends over and they mentioned it, and since we had Netflix we gave it a shot.

VN Store

Back