Jarrett Guarantano will not stop. Already preparing for next season

Looking at that clip...I'm not even sure what to say.

Not looking to start a rumor or disparage anyone but damn...were there ever any known issues between JG and his linemen. Both the guard and center "seemed" to intentionally allow that to happen. it's entirely possible that the center and guard simply didn't get the play call correctly and were surprised by the reaction of those around them. But just watching that clip only...man..as a coach i would have lost my ish on those two young fellows if i believed for a second that was intentional.

Reactions: lexkyvol and 08Vol
The young man has heart and is tough as nails.

That said, after 4 years of high school and 3 years of college football, he still cannot read a basic defense. Cannot read a blitz and audible into protection. Chooses his receiver within .5 seconds and never looks away. Fires what should be a touch pass as 300mph. Floats what should be a deep strike.

I don't know of anyone in here who has ever questioned his dedication and tenacity. He is a VFL in my book.

He is just not a starting SEC QB. He just isn't. He is the best we have on the roster, and that tells you where we are.
I guess you didn't see last year if you think this. We can tell the people who don't know what they are talking about. Some just parrot other people's false talking points.

Great to see our qb putting in the work though. If everyone had his dedication we would be much much better.

I still believe the kid can shine with a competent O-Line. He showed guts and grit all season
I completely agree. He really got abused this year. Just kept bouncing up and wanting more. I know he made some mistakes and did not play " great " but if my memory serves me correct he owns the record for the most pass attempts with an interception in UT history.... Does say a lot but at least he is not giving the opponent a bunch of free possessions.

Reactions: zydane47
The young man has heart and is tough as nails.

That said, after 4 years of high school and 3 years of college football, he still cannot read a basic defense. Cannot read a blitz and audible into protection. Chooses his receiver within .5 seconds and never looks away. Fires what should be a touch pass as 300mph. Floats what should be a deep strike.

I don't know of anyone in here who has ever questioned his dedication and tenacity. He is a VFL in my book.

He is just not a starting SEC QB. He just isn't. He is the best we have on the roster, and that tells you where we are.
Pretty much sums it up.

No doubt in my mind that this kid Gave his ALL...EVERY play this year!

Those supposedly protecting him? Not so much...

1st_play.gif
I always wondered how centers were able to snap the ball while simultaneously blocking their man. I guess the position is simplified if you don't bother with that second part.

Reactions: Smokey X
He's trying to be a leader and set the example.

I hope everyone else on the Team follows his example and is working out and getting better too.

Pruitt will play the best players so we'll know which guys are working the hardest and getting better next fall.

What is it that the acolytes don't see? You keep saying "unless he gets hurt.". The young man played hurt all season. I am surprised he is walking this soon after the season. You guys better hope we got at least another KC somewhere cause I doubt JG can survive another season like this last one.

Yet he will still have his haters.......when anyone who is a fan should love the fact he's already putting in work. But some cannot change their worldly views

Just because several fans see him stare down receivers, checking down when others are open deeper, and watch him hold the ball too long to get sacked way more often than he should doesn't mean the fans are haters. Do you know the world realist? I am optimistic about pretty much every player on the team for the most part all the time. But, me watching JG makes me cringe way more often than any QB at UT in the last 35 years that has been on the team for 3 years. I hope he proves me wrong. I really do. I will gratefully eat crow in order for UT to win 8 plus games with JG at the helm. I just don't see it happening. I see him losing the starting job no later than midway through the season.

VN Store

Back