Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never been but heard about duck hunting on Reelfoot, how was your expirience? I have some buddies that go and they talk about it being pretty awesome compared to here in East TN
We had a good week. But as is usually the case when I'm involved in something, the week after I left was much much better.

Reactions: jamesd1628
I hunted there with a huge Vol Fan guide named Matt Barnett.

Bass, do you ever fish Chickamauga? I have a house up there that stays rented thru AirBnB during these tournaments - and now it looks like they have added even more tourneys for 2019. The Pros that rent from me tell me we are #2 behind a lake in Texas for largemouth?

Sorry to hijack the Russell thread

Bass, do you ever fish Chickamauga? I have a house up there that stays rented thru AirBnB during these tournaments - and now it looks like they have added even more tourneys for 2019. The Pros that rent from me tell me we are #2 behind a lake in Texas for largemouth?

Check out the website name. LOL

2018 Best Bass Lakes revealed

Every now and then when I visit my family I do. The Chick is a great big bass lake.

My best friend hit a light pole in the parking lot behind a gas station just off the exit there when we were coming back from the boot hill duck hunting. Drove around the side of the building and bam, there is a light pole.

Kroger parking lot gas station next to the Walgreens? If so, I hit that same pole when I was 16.

Never been but heard about duck hunting on Reelfoot, how was your expirience? I have some buddies that go and they talk about it being pretty awesome compared to here in East TN

Dang man, you see more ducks at the Peabody than you do in East Tn. And honestly if you are driving west to Reelfoot to go duck hunting do yourself a favor and drive another 1.5 hrs to get to some real duck hunting.

Prof's cat

LMAO. The crazy part is that if I could, I would. I miss my wolf. He terrified everyone who came near but was a giant baby to me. That said, I learned quickly he was a baby with razor sharp claws (he shredded a pair of pants just trying to do that dog-hug thing. I let him down and his claws ripped right through some sturdy material. I realized then he was not an actual dog.).

Reactions: DD4ME
LMAO. The crazy part is that if I could, I would. I miss my wolf. He terrified everyone who came near but was a giant baby to me. That said, I learned quickly he was a baby with razor sharp claws (he shredded a pair of pants just trying to do that dog-hug thing. I let him down and his claws ripped right through some sturdy material. I realized then he was not an actual dog.).
Wolf or Wolf hybrid

Reactions: UTProf
Wolf or Wolf hybrid

Wolf. Grey Wolf and Arctic Wolf was the mother who we also kept (she was amazing -- the smallest of the bunch but the most fierce). The biggun' who adored me was a hybrid/halfling -- German Shepard + Grey/Arctic from his Mom. He got incredibly large but his grand sire from the Grey Wolf side had also been incredibly large (over 200 -- his grand sire would've dwarfed him).

Last edited:
Wolf. Grey Wolf and Arctic was the mother who we also kept (she was amazing -- the smallest of the bunch but the most fierce). The biggun' who adored me was a hybrid -- German Shepard + Grey/Arctic from his Mom. He got incredibly large but his grand sire from the Grey Wolf side had also been incredibly large (over 200 -- his grand sire would've dwarfed him).

I want to sit by a fire and hear you tell stories. Seems like you’ve probably got a few. Lol.

I was in Colorado Springs this Summer at the Garden of the gods and a couple we’re out “walking” their wolf. I asked to pet it but it literally scared the crap out of me. He was very calm but his size was ginormous.

If you bring good info then thanks but please go back and reread your comments before posting. No one can understand what you're trying to say.
Dude I don't know wtf I was sayin,I can't blame u all for that.Headed into work,first time sober 3 days.Dads got a few days left,9 bands n esophagus, liver gone sad situation.Guess I was trying to drown my sorrows.No excuses but I completely look like a fool there.Scary truth I barely even rem writing that.

Warning, long post. I was asked to write something about abundant life for my church newsletter. I would appreciate any feedback any of you morans would care to offer. Thank you.

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. (John 10:10)

I have been blessed to travel to many parts of our beautiful world. Life is a struggle in many of these places. There is disaster and tragedy. It hurts your heart to see people suffer just to survive. Suffering is not all you see. You see joy and hope. You see it in the eyes of the girls as they walk to school in war-torn Afghanistan because it is THEIR school and they have a safe place to learn. You see it in the elderly couple who fled Croatia during the civil war and have returned to find their orchard is repairable and that the army is going to help them restore it. You feel it when the old woman cups your chin and tells you that you are a man with a soul because you have traveled so far from your family to help them. Yes, life is painful. Life is also so very, very beautiful. God grants us these gifts through our capacity to feel joy and love. God has infused our hearts with a capacity that is astounding. He has led us to give of ourselves so that we may share our joy and hope with people who so desperately need to find something to feel good about in their lives. God made a beautiful world and it is an incomprehensible gift. He also made us to live a full and abundant life. We all know that we need not material things to be fulfilled. It is the love we see in our children’s eyes. It is the hope you see on a stranger’s face when you help him when he thought all hope was lost. It is the chills you get when you feel the appreciation of helping those who need it but are too proud to ask. I choose joy. I wish more people were able to do the same. It is there. You can bring it to yourself if it is missing. Many of us are blessed because we live where we do. It is the holiday season and it is the time for the greatest joy as we are reminded of God’s greatest gift to us – Jesus. Jesus knows we hurt and suffer and he made the ultimate sacrifice for us. It brings Him joy when we lift up those around us who are hurting and who need something to let them know that they can still live a full life. He is joyful when we bring joy to others and feel that joy because we know we are doing what He wants us to do and we know that we are giving of ourselves. Life is hard and precious and wonderful. It is beautiful and full and you will find it will be all of that and so much more when you see the joy of others who have been given a hand up in a time of need. Blessings to all.

yeah, i just read that on the google. could be. i've never seen one. my (mis)understanding was that they were just a cougar variant, but perhaps they are melanistic bobcats as someone mentioned earlier.

edit: that's to say that there are apparently no melanistic cougars, at least from what i've read so far...
Pumas are melanistic to begin with. Why many regions call them Panthers. The black panther found in Florida is a Florida Jaguar. Subspecies of the Jaguar. Very rare but still around. Been found all the up in Maine. On the bobcat thing, there's no such thing as an all black bobcat. There's no point in a bobcat having all black fur because they don't go anywhere dark enough for all a black coat. Unlike jaguars and leopards.

Pumas are melanistic to begin with. Why many regions call them Panthers. The black panther found in Florida is a Florida Jaguar. Subspecies of the Jaguar. Very rare but still around. Been found all the up in Maine. On the bobcat thing, there's no such thing as an all black bobcat. There's no point in a bobcat having all black fur because they don't go anywhere dark enough for all a black coat. Unlike jaguars and leopards.

Lots of confusion out there on the internet re jaguars, panthers, and such, especially in FL. Are there jaguars in FL? IDK.

I've heard conflicting info from FL wildlife officials and scientists working in the southeast re cougar numbers, range, and available habitat. It's observations, and people doing science. Plenty of science based on shaky evidence.

The black bobcats are supposedly spotted, but you wouldn't really be able to tell at night. It was at night when the two people that told me they had seen 'black panthers' in ETN saw them. One on the road and one in a tree. TIFWIW. I've never seen them. Have you?

And the only place a bobcat would go that would be black enough for a black coat would be.. the night.

02E692D9-E0BD-4E3E-AAC4-FF3EA2751C89.jpeg
from the interwebs☝🏻

Florida jaguars have been crossbred with Cougars from Texas. according to the article i linked earlier, making them hardier.

maybe domestic Maine Coons have been doing the dirty with bobcats?

Reactions: DD4ME
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back