UAB is Back!

SMU needs to read this.

Coach Clark specifically looked at how SMU tried to comeback from the death penalty and did the opposite. (Went JUCO route instead of trying to rebuild with traditional recruiting classes). UAB also got some concessions from the NCAA to expand recruiting.

Reactions: peaygolf
I hope UAB and Auburn get matched up in a bowl; Gus screws it up again and UAB upsets them. Then, Auburn recruiting completely tanks for the next 2 years and the Vols step in and upgrade our own recruiting.

tough 2 weeks for the Blazers. Shot themselves in the foot repeatedly at TAMU then were flat out exhausted (and injured) at MTSU this week.

Next week back to MTSU for the CUSA Championship - would be way above expectations at season's beginning to see them win the conference but I believe they are the better team.

Go Blazers!

What have they got coming back? Probably quite a bit. Not a game to take lightly for TN next year.

they filled the roster with quite a few JUCOs. Not sure if next year is rebuilding or not. I think they'll be in pretty good shape but definitely losing some key players.

Coming out of a timeout and you get caught with 12 men on the field lol. So bad.

Congrats UAB. First ever conference championship, and now their first ever 10 win season. Hopefully with time to rest a bit, they will do well in their bowl game. It's also nice and interesting to see that their semi good year last year wasn't a fluke. This will buy them a lot of credibility going forward, and this may well seeing people being willing to throw money their way.

Reactions: UTwild82
UAB stepped up with a 5 year extension and big raise for Coach Clark. 1.45 million; highest in CUSA.

Relieved.

I don't think Clark could be lured away. He's a class act that stayed with them during the dead period. He's put too much of himself into UAB.

Coach Clark also wins the Eddie Robinson COY award from the Football Writers Association.

Blazers' Bill Clark is Eddie Robinson Coach of Year

Heck of a set of competitors he beat.

The FWAA, in partnership with the Allstate Sugar Bowl, selected the 50-year-old Clark over seven other finalists: Brian Kelly of 12-0 Notre Dame; Nick Saban of 13-0 Alabama; Dabo Swinney of 13-0 Clemson, Lincoln Riley of 12-1 Oklahoma; Josh Heupel of 12-0 Central Florida; Jeff Monken of 10-2 Army; and Jeff Tedford of 11-2 Fresno State.

Watching the Preds but flipped over late. Congrats on Clark and UAB winning its first ever bowl game. I know we all complain that there are too many bowl games now but seeing a program bring home their first is always awesome.

Ubosi was a a beast tonight.

Hoping UAB cracks the Top 25 (11-3) when the final rankings come out.

I worked for NIU for 6 years before coming to UAB so this was a fun one for me. Still savor when NIU came to Tuscaloosa and whooped the Tide.

Ubosi was a a beast tonight.

Hoping UAB cracks the Top 25 (11-3) when the final rankings come out.
I turned on the game like 5 minutes late and UAB was already up by 10. I had no clue what was going on. I checked the times twice to see if I missed the start by that much.

VN Store

Back