Urban Meyer retiring

Police release thousands of documents in Zach and Courtney Smith domestic violence case

POWELL, Ohio - Less than a week after Ohio State Head Coach Urban Meyer announced his retirement, Powell police released thousands of pages of documents in the Zach and Courtney Smith domestic violence case. Ohio State suspended Meyer for the first three games of the 2018 season for the way he handled the abuse allegations.

Meyer’s name is mentioned in the records released Monday by Powell police through a court order. “Urban I feel like will do anything to protect his guys. He doesn’t want anything to get out and look bad for his program," Courtney Smith said in a police interview from October 2015, describing domestic abuse allegations in 2009 in Gainesville, Florida.

“He came home at 4 o’clock in the morning with some girl all over him and I had to take her back, and came back and I was crying and I was like how could you do this to me. He picked me up and threw me across the hall and I called 911 and he got arrested and he went to jail," Courtney Smith said.

She said ever since that moment she had been terrified to call police. “I ended up dropping the charges because Urban had the team attorney come talk to me and convince me that it was going to go to the media and he would lose everything if I didn’t drop the charges," she claimed.

Wow!
ohmy.gif

popcorn.gif

How would they have time or the need to generate thousands of documents? Wow.

Perusing one of their forums it's interesting to watch them struggle w/ the Schiano/UT cognitive dissonance.
A year ago they were outraged that we would pass on him. Not only was he passed over for Day now they want him gone as DC except for those that want him to stay this yr for recruitment stability.

Reactions: ptcarter
Perusing one of their forums it's interesting to watch them struggle w/ the Schiano/UT cognitive dissonance.
A year ago they were outraged that we would pass on him. Not o ly was he passed over for Day now they want him gone as DC except for those that want him to stay this yr for recruitment stability.
That says a lot. They were outraged another school didn't hire away their DC.

A year ago they were outraged that we would pass on him. Not only was he passed over for Day now they want him gone as DC except for those that want him to stay this yr for recruitment stability.

Some are calling our fan base idiots and embarrassing relating to last years coaching search. So be it. As the smoke clears, it sure looks like Haslam picked a dud. By the way, cognitive dissonance is the perfect term. Do as I say and not as I do.

Reactions: MaTaLa
That says a lot. They were outraged another school didn't hire away their DC.
They were indignant that we didn't think THEIR coach was up to stuff and they rested on Urban's vetting of him as a character reference. (The Zach Smith thing blew that outta the water. They don't mention it now)

They were indignant that we didn't think THEIR coach was up to stuff and they rested on Urban's vetting of him as a character reference. (The Zach Smith thing blew that outta the water. They don't mention it now)
I don't even care about the vetting side of it. this is America, he is innocent until proven guilty (Schiano). I didn't want him to be our coach for the sole reason that he sucks.

Reactions: feathersax
He is just slime in human form. I really, really, really, loathe that man. Utter disgust.

Completely agree. I truly cannot stand this guy and its not because he beat us at Florida. Its because he is a shady human being. I get it that he allegedly has "health problems" and if this is true, I hope he gets help. Sometimes I think its a bit exaggerated with him. However, I have a hard time believing this guy about anything. I certainly do not believe he is truly retired. He will sit out a year and if USC or Notre Dame open up, he will be back.

VN Store

Back