Official Nashville Predators Thread

You can't judge this team right now. With Subban, Forsberg, Arvidsson, and Turris out, they've lost a lot of power.

I do agree that Saros has been shaky, but I think the goal is to just hang on through December to get healed up.

Late notice but currently my other seat for tonight's game vs Ottawa at 7pm is still open. I sit in the 2nd row on the Attack Once end. Selling at my cost of $40 (box office is $50 for tonight).

I have the option of e-mailing a digital ticket directly to you (requires the NHL app), leaving at Will Call, or meeting outside the arena.
To clarify, this is for one seat, I will be in the other one.

If interested e-mail me at jbeeman85@yahoo.com.

If I were still in Nashville I'd become good friends with you.

Hope we can get back in the W column against a .500 team tonight

That was an ugly start giving up a weird soft goal in the first 30 seconds but good recovery. Had a lot of pressure on net all night. Power play still needs some work. A good win especially with so many out. Now time for some revenge against Vancouver tomorrow night.

Throwing this on here. As of this typing, my other seat for tomorrow night Dec 13 vs Vancouver is still open. Seat in Row B (2nd row) of upper deck on attack once end. My cost is $40. Shooting for that but will hear out offers.
If interested, shoot me an e-mail at jbeeman85@yahoo.com. Be sure to identify yourself and state you saw this at Volnation. I have a message out to several people so this is on a first come, first served basis.

Really don't know why Chicago traded Hartman? He has done nothing but bring energy, scoring, and some scrappy play to the Preds since last year. Really hope we can hang on to him.

Special teams are just terrible for the Preds. Feels like it's more likely to give up a shorthanded goal than it is to score a goal on the power play.

I'd say Pekka has to be the favorite for the Vezina again. He's been even better this year

Can't wait until the Preds get everyone back healthy. Then hopefully actually keep them healthy so Preds can finally have a postseason without losing a guy to injury.

Special teams are just terrible for the Preds. Feels like it's more likely to give up a shorthanded goal than it is to score a goal on the power play.
I've only actually watched the Preds in fits and starts this year, but doesn't it seem like on the PP they hold out for a "perfect" scoring chance before shooting?

Man, what is it with this week. Guy that signed up for Saturday's game just cancelled. That's 3 games in a row someone backed out. Getting frustrating.

I'm not that tough to deal with honestly. I'm not a drinker, don't get nasty mouthed (try not to anyway), I'm a small guy so I'm not overflowing into the neighbor's seat, and I'm not scalping the tickets.

Maybe shouldn't have posted this but did anyway for a bit of venting.

I've only actually watched the Preds in fits and starts this year, but doesn't it seem like on the PP they hold out for a "perfect" scoring chance before shooting?
I think this is their main problem. They try to make it perfect. Sometimes just throwing it on net works. The first 2 goals for the Preds last night weren't fancy. And that one that Ottawa got in first minute on Tuesday was fluky. Sometimes just got to rip it and see what happens.

I think this is their main problem. They try to make it perfect. Sometimes just throwing it on net works. The first 2 goals for the Preds last night weren't fancy. And that one that Ottawa got in first minute on Tuesday was fluky. Sometimes just got to rip it and see what happens.
Yeah I agree. I've never been a huge fan of holding out for perfect scoring chances before shooting, especially on the power play. You have one more skater than they do...throw it on net and see what happens. Given the man advantage something good is probably going to happen more often than not. Some slick move through the slot to get a point blank open shot or a perfect tic-tac-toe pass sequence to set up a backdoor goal isn't necessary.

Throw it on net. Have a couple guys in front to maybe tip in the rebound. That would be my strategy with the power play.

I'm not an expert but whatever their strategy is at this point for sure isn't working.

Throw it on net. Have a couple guys in front to maybe tip in the rebound. That would be my strategy with the power play.

I'm not an expert but whatever their strategy is at this point for sure isn't working.
What changed in the offseason? To my recollection, this is the first year we've really had this issue...

VN Store

Back