Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (Nov. 16, 2018)

CagleMtnVol

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

Release Date: November 16, 2018

MPAA Rating: TBD

Starring:
Eddie Redmayne
Katherine Waterston
Dan Fogler
Jude Law
Johnny Depp
Ezra Miller
Alison Sudol
Zoë Kravitz
Callum Turner
Claudia Kim
Carmen Ejogo

At the end of the first film, the powerful dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald was captured by MACUSA (Magical Congress of the United States of America), with the help of Newt Scamander. But, making good on his threat, Grindelwald escaped custody and has set about gathering followers, most unsuspecting of his true agenda: to raise wizards and witches up to rule over all non-magical beings.

In an effort to thwart Grindelwald's plans, Albus Dumbledore enlists his former student Newt Scamander, who agrees to help, unaware of the dangers that lie ahead. Lines are drawn as love and loyalty are tested, even among the truest friends and family, in an increasingly divided wizarding world.

Reactions: 2 people
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - Official Comic-Con Trailer
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvFybpmyB9E[/youtube]

Reactions: 2 people
Wanted to add to what I said earlier, there are a few things that just don't line up to established potter canon. It made me think "wait,What?", but I'm not sure casual fans or whatever will even know or notice. Also, Johnny depp did quite well imo. There's some good humor as well.

The Wait Wut moment was huge to me. My wife and I were like "I don't remember that"

I consider myself fairly knowledgeable and informed with the Potter universe, and I had a hard time keeping up and making connections.

I consider myself fairly knowledgeable and informed with the Potter universe, and I had a hard time keeping up and making connections.
It's Rowling trying to "correct her mistakes" from the original books/movies

Just took the family to see it tonight. I really liked it, hell even my wife liked it. I think as a whole it is a great installment in a bigger story. I was a little surprised by a few elements, and the final reveal (if true and not a lie) was very interesting.

VN Store

Back