Pruitt no show on the Jeremy Pruitt Show

How conceited are we to see Pruitt as an organ grinder's monkey paid to dance for our amusement?

Pruitt was hired for the team, not for us. He was hired to rebuild a broken program, not to dazzle us with empty charisma. He likely followed the same creed my dad lived by: a closed mouth gathers no foot.

Let's say he was the charismatic chatterbox that some here keep begging for. Those same people would likely be raking him over the coals for empty speech and misplaced enthusiasm and begging him to be contrite and show humility in loss.

As soon as we realize that it's not all about us we can start putting our priorities in the right places. When I buy a ticket I'm hoping to be entertained, yes, but I also know I'm making an investment in the students' lives down on the field. It's good to feel a part of something. It's sheer entitlement to complain about the minutia (like a barely watched day-after show) that doesn't live up to your expectations.

I am starting to not like Pruitt's attitude about his show.

His recalcitrant, zombie-like non-presence is getting old. It's disrespectful to his host, the organization, and fans.

Yeah, I get it. He doesn't like doing it. He doesn't like Kessler Kessling. He'd rather be watching film or scheming.

Well, tough s**t. It's part of the job. He got paid more this year than most fans make in a lifetime to do the job.

He has set high standards and expectations for his players to execute at a certain level. He needs to man up and do the same.
Less talk, more action. He's workin on them recruits.
Serious question. I wonder how Fulmer feels about it? Thoughts?

Reactions: OneVolNation
Just have to wonder what potential recruits think about him after watching the show? Pruitt really lacks the look and attitude of a real head coach.

His recalcitrant, zombie-like non-presence is getting old. It's disrespectful to his host, the organization, and fans.

Yeah, I get it. He doesn't like doing it. He doesn't like Kessler Kessling. He'd rather be watching film or scheming.

Well, tough s**t. It's part of the job. He got paid more this year than most fans make in a lifetime to do the job.

He has set high standards and expectations for his players to execute at a certain level. He needs to man up and do the same.

Yea he kinda reminds me of how Saban acts during this kind of stuff. Very stoic.

I think you’re misreading him. I’ve watched every one of the shows. I don’t think he’s being recalcitrant or disrespectful at all I think that’s his typical demeanor. I see him making comments, most of which are engaged and insightful. He answers Bob’s questions and he normally has informative things to say when he’s commenting on the highlights. And he’s brutally honest. He’s not an insufferable windbag who likes to hear himself talk, which I find refreshing. He’s a laid back country guy and a man of few words in that setting.

If you don’t like how he comports himself on the show, don’t watch. I much prefer him to the last guy.

What was your attitude like Saturday around 830 after that ass kicking?

Just have to wonder what potential recruits think about him after watching the show? Pruitt really lacks the look and attitude of a real head coach.
Such BS. Have you not seen what his former and current players say about him? Have you not seen the social media comments from Alabama players who love the guy? Have you not seen the post game handshakes after Georgia and Alabama where his former players have sought him out to hug him and take pictures with him? Tells me all I need to know about the guy.

And see how we finish up and recruiting..,,then come back and give us you’re opinion of what players think of him and his “look and attitude”.

Apologies if I missed it above but has anybody mentioned the show's role in recruiting? As a fed-up fan, I have no desire to watch it, but individuals interested in maybe joining the program and their families might tune in for certain reasons.

Not much you can say after Saturday, he could have gone on there and been fired up and talked about 5 start hearts. He just needs to coach football and recruit, winning will cure everything. He do his show buttnaked for all I care as long as he wins.

Reactions: Tnwoodsman
Apologies if I missed it above but has anybody mentioned the show's role in recruiting? As a fed-up fan, I have no desire to watch it, but individuals interested in maybe joining the program and their families might tune in for certain reasons.
Recruits aren't watching a coaches show. UT fans can barely do it

I haven't watched a coaches show in years. What's the point, we know the outcome.
It's nothing more than an info commercial for First Tennessee Bank and Farm Bureau

Lol it’s role is less than nothing

I think you’re misreading him. I’ve watched every one of the shows. I don’t think he’s being recalcitrant or disrespectful at all I think that’s his typical demeanor. I see him making comments, most of which are engaged and insightful. He answers Bob’s questions and he normally has informative things to say when he’s commenting on the highlights. And he’s brutally honest. He’s not an insufferable windbag who likes to hear himself talk, which I find refreshing. He’s a laid back country guy and a man of few words in that setting.

If you don’t like how he comports himself on the show, don’t watch. I much prefer him to the last guy.

I have watched most of them. At first I was curious whe he didn't wear anything orange. Not even a Power T lapel pin. It finally showed up. I think they tape them right after the game now, so he's still in full sideline regalia.

But irrelevant fashion trivia aside, in the past he at least offered some interesting analysis of the plays that were informative and insightful, even in their brevity. I learned stuff. In this latest episode, he mostly grunted "that wasn't very good," or "good play there." At one point he said nothing at all for about three clips in a row.

I'm sure he wasn't happy about the game, and said as much at the beginning. Other than that, he had little else to say (except nice words about seniors getting their degrees), and offered no analysis of the play calling, execution, etc. and what they were going to work on as he has in the past.

He looked and sounded as defeated as his team. It's an odd style of leadership.

Reactions: VolAllen

VN Store

Back