JP needs to hire a DC.

Mark Richt tried to be the HC and OC at GA. It wasn't working.
He finally hired Mike Bobo as OC and GA. became more efficient.
It's hard to be two people in one in the SEC. This whole team needs their HC's attention.
what is the meanest thing i can say without being kicked off this forum! c'mon man, it worked against other teams. and has worked for other coaches. at some point, it makes sense but not now. as the DC, he has no one to blame but himself and he dictates the game more effectively.

I was glad when Jones was let go. I think Pruitt knows football. My question to the "bad talent" leaning fans; When Jones lost to Fl and Ok and Ark, why was it Jones fault the players couldn't tackle, the D Line couldn't rush, and the DBs gave up way to many yards on 4th down? Now it is the players fault they can't tackle, can't block, can't rush, and give up big plays by the DBs?
Just asking for a friend.

Well, good question....for which there are good answers.

1. The 2015 coached by CBJ had WAY more talent than this team across the board. Better QB, OL, DL, LBs, and DBs... no debate there at all
2. The 2015 teams actually had 14 point leads against Fla and Ok in the 4th QTR....and CBJ and crew played "ostrich FB" and lost....Offense played very predictable and failed to adjust to OK's continual blitzing ...

3. Arky game we just got beat. hung over from big Fla loss.....

Simply stated----we had comparable or BETTER talent in those three games than the teams to whom we lost.
So, CBJ and crew truly LOST those games as a function of coaching because they had better talent.

Now--CJP and crew DO NOT HAVE better talent than the teams we have lost to this year.

However--CJP and crew have managed to beat 2 ranked teams that have BETTER talent than we do. --and didn't turn the ball over in those games.

We just didn't match up well with Mizzou...better talent and depth across the board. And it showed.

IF your "friend" cannot see the talent difference between the 2015 team and this 2018 team--there's really no answer that will make any sense.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Keep drinking the orange cool-aid. We are now 11 games into his first season and no one really knows (if we were all being honest) whether Pruitt could coach his way out of a paper bag?? That should scare the heck out of fans

Lol. Your Pruitt hate is on full display.

BOT- Are you 100% convinced at this point that Pruitt can coach?

Yes. I personally am. This season is a mulligan year. I expected many, many mistakes from this staff and they absolutely have made them. But I have seen improvement that we havent seen in many, many years.

You may see this as excuses, and thats fine but we have to remember that Pruitt is in a situation that Majors, Fulmer, nor any other modern day UT coach can be compared to. He is coming in with a completely new staff, different schemes, new S&C program, first time OC and DC. Not to mention he is a first time HC. Factor all that in with the lack of quality depth at about every position, a small weak team that has had a loser mentality instilled into them and you have what we have now.

I can guarantee you virtually NO logical TN fan had us beating Auburn this year. That win was bigger than most will admit. The UK win was big. Thise were wins very few could have even concieved after the UF game. But they happened. Yes he can coach. Especially given with what he is working with. Does that mean he is perfect or hasnt screwed up big time? Absolutely not. But also remember that these players havent held up their end of the bargain this season.

Yes. I personally am. This season is a mulligan year. I expected many, many mistakes from this staff and they absolutely have made them. But I have seen improvement that we havent seen in many, many years.

You may see this as excuses, and thats fine but we have to remember that Pruitt is in a situation that Majors, Fulmer, nor any other modern day UT coach can be compared to. He is coming in with a completely new staff, different schemes, new S&C program, first time OC and DC. Not to mention he is a first time HC. Factor all that in with the lack of quality depth at about every position, a small weak team that has had a loser mentality instilled into them and you have what we have now.

I can guarantee you virtually NO logical TN fan had us beating Auburn this year. That win was bigger than most will admit. The UK win was big. Thise were wins very few could have even concieved after the UF game. But they happened. Yes he can coach. Especially given with what he is working with. Does that mean he is perfect or hasnt screwed up big time? Absolutely not. But also remember that these players havent held up their end of the bargain this season.
BOT- You make some very good points. If we beat Vandy I think we achieved average results and no one really can complain. Lose to Vandy and Pruitt has a mark against him for his job this year.

BOT- You make some very good points. If we beat Vandy I think we achieved average results and no one really can complain. Lose to Vandy and Pruitt has a mark against him for his job this year.

If we lose to Vandy, that in no way shape or form does anything about his job. Why do you think a loss to Vandy is some huge negative? They have won 4 of the last 6 against us. Sorry to break it to you but the days when Vandy should never beat Tennessee are gone. This isnt the Fulmer days. I really dont understand why some think that the unquestioned worst team in the SEC last year should have just been expected to beat teams that waxed us a year ago. Vandy has many advantages over us right now. Its sad but true. I think we can win but a loss will not shock me in the slightest. Nor will it change my perception of the coaching staff.

If we lose to Vandy, that in no way shape or form does anything about his job. Why do you think a loss to Vandy is some huge negative? They have won 4 of the last 6 against us. Sorry to break it to you but the days when Vandy should never beat Tennessee are gone. This isnt the Fulmer days. I really dont understand why some think that the unquestioned worst team in the SEC last year should have just been expected to beat teams that waxed us a year ago. Vandy has many advantages over us right now. Its sad but true. I think we can win but a loss will not shock me in the slightest. Nor will it change my perception of the coaching staff.
You lost me with this response. Vandy should never beat TN. You may be in the "Every kid gets a trophy" age range but I am not. It is expected that TN beat KY and TN period. I think you are trying to tell me that Vandy has better ball players than us. Is thT really whT you are trying to say???????.

You lost me with this response. Vandy should never beat TN. You may be in the "Every kid gets a trophy" age range but I am not. It is expected that TN beat KY and TN period. I think you are trying to tell me that Vandy has better ball players than us. Is thT really whT you are trying to say???????.

Right now? Yes Vandy has better players. As sad as that is to say its fact. They have a more stable coaching staff and their players have been in a stable S&C program. They are bigger, faster and stronger than we are. I have been a TN fan since 1985. But like I said, right now we arent at that stage where we can say, nut we are TN and we should never lose to these teams. Its just not that way, Doofus and Botch has seen to that.

Going back to Vandys players vs ours, tell me which is really better.

Our OL or Vandys OL- easy chpice. Vandys by a landslide
Our QB v Vandys QB- again easy choice. Shumur is a SR QB.
Our RBs v Vandys RBs- goes back to OL. So the edge goes to Vandy.
Our WRs v Vandys WRs- we may have the edge here, but Lipscomb is a stud WR that would start easily for us.

On defense? I can maybe think of 3-4 players that might be better than theirs. So tell me, where do you see that we are a superior team?

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back