'19 WV OL Darnell Wright (Tennessee signee)

I'm just enjoying reading all the comments about how Morris and Wright are going to start as freshman for Tennessee. Which is a polite way of saying that the Tennessee staff has recruited over some O-Linemen currently on Tennessee's roster. Seems like some Tennessee fans are okay with the "recruiting over" concept afterall;)
I call bull on you enjoying anything that doesn’t involve the torture and death of innocent pets and woodland creatures. 😏

I'm just enjoying reading all the comments about how Morris and Wright are going to start as freshman for Tennessee. Which is a polite way of saying that the Tennessee staff has recruited over some O-Linemen currently on Tennessee's roster. Seems like some Tennessee fans are okay with the "recruiting over" concept afterall;)

Have you not watched our team? When you have an OL like ours, you need to recruit better than Coach BJ

I don’t think Wright is as “plug and play” as Morris. Got some footwork improvements to make. He’s got the tools to be a great player, but I don’t expect a Trey Smith kinda impact as a true freshman like I do outta Wanya.
But do you think he may actually make contact with a defensive player instead of letting him free run at the QB . That's the biggest problem we have we let too many defensive player's loose to the back field.

But do you think he may actually make contact with a defensive player instead of letting him free run at the QB . That's the biggest problem we have we let too many defensive player's loose to the back field.
I hope he’ll make contact! I think there’s a great chance he sees the field year one, just saying he’s not a Day 1 starter like Morris is. Still a big get. Hopefully some of the other guys on OL this year will be much improved with another year of weights and coaching so we don’t HAVE to plug in multiple freshmen.

I really hope TN goes after a grad transfer Off Guard and DE.

Def. could make a case for more so defensively.. On O, with this bunch (a full year of strength and conditioning) coupled with some fresh faces in recruiting could do wonders (or a another season of frustration). We lack continuity and any sort of cohesion up front along with experience and talent in some spots but we've gotta stay on this being patient bus.

The mercenary train known as the grad transfer market will only take us so far with them being more like Madre London than Brandon Kennedy

Reactions: butchna
I hope he’ll make contact! I think there’s a great chance he sees the field year one, just saying he’s not a Day 1 starter like Morris is. Still a big get. Hopefully some of the other guys on OL this year will be much improved with another year of weights and coaching so we don’t HAVE to plug in multiple freshmen.
Some players just don't make the next step ie butchs guys for the most part. I think all the players we had leave on butch saw that among many other things. Not even looking at how many at different positions are under size, especially for what Pruitt demands his players be able to do.

Def. could make a case for more so defensively.. On O, with this bunch (a full year of strength and conditioning) coupled with some fresh faces in recruiting could do wonders (or a another season of frustration). We lack continuity and any sort of cohesion up front along with experience and talent in some spots but we've gotta stay on this being patient bus.

The mercenary train known as the grad transfer market will only take us so far with them being more like Madre London than Brandon Kennedy
I call it credit card recruiting. Eventually you have to settle up.

Reactions: m1al and MoB_MoVols
The new 4 game redshirt rule for freshman I think can help Wright. Either Wiltfong or Kurelic said Wright would need two years to develop but ceiling is very high. I think a redshirt year and getting in to S&C for a year and he can be ready by year two. A full year with Friend and a full year with changing his body will make a huge difference. Callahan said this is the third week in a row that Wright didn’t show?

He doesn’t like to travel or doesn’t have the means?
I think it was said earlier it was dependent on his hs playoff outcomes.

Greysondawg could learn a lot on posting etiquette from you.

Reactions: Tweeder
Yea name 5 good grad transfers besides him
Shea Patterson, Davis Webb, Jake Coker, Vernon Adams, Garrett Gilbert. All QB's. Not great, but they were good.

BTW, I'm on your side about the grad transfer thing. I'd much rather get freshmen to develop. But they are becoming much more prevalent. As they do, I expect more pretty good players may go that route.

Last edited:
Shea Patterson, Davis Webb, Jake Coker, Vernon Adams, Garrett Gilbert. All QB's. Not great, but they were good.

BTW, I'm on your side about the grad transfer thing. I'd much rather get freshmen to develop. But they are becoming much more prevalent. As they do, I expect more pretty good players may go that route.
I liked the idea of bringing in Keller this year because I knew JG was gonna get banged up behind our offensive line at some point this year and we would need him. Grad transfer QB’s are in their own category because it never hurts to have an another experienced QB on your roster. Position player grad transfers is more what I was thinking of.

VN Store

Back